What is this leak?

Noticed it pretty much out of no where a few days ago, doesn't leak much only when I let the quad sit. If I'm not mistaken when I leave my fuel on.

E-http://i65.tinypic.com/1dy5hj.jpg

its the two bolts under my tranny drain bolt. (Closer to the back)

Edited by Rawnold

Probly not them bolts leaking. Its probly coming from the carbs and going through the drain hole on the cases. 

Could be also, but I didn't see anything on the cases. But hard to tell from a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How fresh is your oil? That fluid looks pretty transparent from what I can tell. Gas from carbs or maybe coolant from the hose going into the back of the head?

If you can tell us type of fluid, it will help diagnose

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

• Like 1

I will start it up tomorrow and check to see if I can see the source of the leak. From what i saw the other day it only seemed to be wet right where those bolts are in the pic and dripping into a lil puddle right under them. I believe it was oil, maybe some gas in it. I will collect some tomorrow and let you guys know

Edited by Rawnold
  • Like 1

So took it out for a ride today after working on it all day, been doing some cosmetic work, swapped handlebars the clutch lever changed tires they've been on the most bald tires you've ever seen in your life since I got it.. extremely happy with the results

Heres some before & after

https://ibb.co/bVphF5

https://ibb.co/k04Shk

but on the ride (I'm talking about a 30 minute ride) riding on street, as I was pulling back into my house my quad didn't wanna idle right when I pulled in the clutch on 1st and shut off twice, pulling into my yard it shut off riding on 1st and didn't wanna turn back on. I check the gas tank and it's about a 1/4 for some reason my quad doesn't like to start on low gas even on res. Is it normal for my fuel to be wasting so damn quick? I mean the quad has its mod but I don't feel like it's right. The bolt on the bottom was leaking oil when I got back, I'm only assuming it's oil and gas since it's the blue oil I mix in the fuel. And not the greenish I use for tranny.

Just filled her up with fuel and went to fire her up but she's just not starting.. what's happening here? I can get it to crank on for a split second if I kick it with the choke enough times. And when I try to fire it by giving it gas it just rolls over no crank on. Can anyone help?

Just filled her up with fuel and went to fire her up but she's just not starting.. what's happening here? I can get it to crank on for a split second if I kick it with the choke enough times. And when I try to fire it by giving it gas it just rolls over no crank on. Can anyone help?

Carbs leaking and flooding motor is my guess.

• Like 1

I just rebuilt carbs not too long ago, about 2 weeks ago, what would be the fix to this issue? How would I even be sure if this is my issue?

Well, if your leak at the bottom of motor is fuel, I would say you need to adjust float height

53 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

Well, if your leak at the bottom of motor is fuel, I would say you need to adjust float height

I'm gonna look up some videos tomorrow and get to it, do you think this is stopping the quad from starting? It was starting fine before, started giving me trouble 2 nights ago and hasn't fired up since

I'm gonna look up some videos tomorrow and get to it, do you think this is stopping the quad from starting? It was starting fine before, started giving me trouble 2 nights ago and hasn't fired up since

It is highly probable