What is this leak?

3 minutes ago, ginger said:

Elevation is a big factor as well as air temp. 

If you plugs fouled out, or if your super rich, it wont run great, especially the bottom end.  

By bottom end you mean speed or bottom end motor?

because if you're talking speed it ran great at low speeds if anything I say it didn't run good at top end. I felt like it wasn't topping out as fast as it should. I was hitting high 70s when I feel like I should've been high 80s maybe even 90s

edit- I live in south fl so temp ranges a lot but usually it's mid 80s 

Edited by Rawnold

2 minutes ago, ginger said:

rpm,  thats what the bottom end of the power spectrum. 

Yeah bottom end was running great imo, top end was questionable. My buddy got on my quad and launched it a few times he said it ran great, way faster than my raptor 700. But I was out riding with my girl the other day, she's on the raptor and at some points I had to be full throttle just to be next to her. 

Keep in mind my raptor is stock just has an aftermarket gytr intake and sparky removed.

you need to focus on certain things before you worry about speed or comparing it. 

when the quad sits with the petcock on, it shouldn't leak any fuel out the carbs.  once you get that fixed.  change the spark plugs out, and make sure they are gapped correctly. 

Then do what is called a plug chop.  fire it up, run it through the gears wide open, then kill the ignition.  pull the plugs before firing it back up and look at the ring.  Instructions ar eon this site on how to do a plug chop.  this helps with jetting.  Once you are jetted right, then worry about any speed factors. 

19 minutes ago, ginger said:

you need to focus on certain things before you worry about speed or comparing it. 

when the quad sits with the petcock on, it shouldn't leak any fuel out the carbs.  once you get that fixed.  change the spark plugs out, and make sure they are gapped correctly. 

Then do what is called a plug chop.  fire it up, run it through the gears wide open, then kill the ignition.  pull the plugs before firing it back up and look at the ring.  Instructions ar eon this site on how to do a plug chop.  this helps with jetting.  Once you are jetted right, then worry about any speed factors. 

Okay, appreciate the help. As for the leaking, it doesn't leak with the peacock off but if I leave it on it does seem to leak, I don't know if it's the carbs I can't really tell from where it's leaking. I haven't left it on since I did the adjustment on the floats, I'm going to turn it on and see if I'm still getting the leak, I'm gonna try looking at from where it leaks. So far all I've seen dripping was those bottom bolts but I will let you guys know for sure 

as for testing the plugs, first I need to get the quad on to do that, lol.. hasn't fired up since Friday night

edit- should I remove reeds and inspect them because of that backfire I heard?

Edited by Rawnold

7 minutes ago, ginger said:

it isnt running because your current plugs are fouled out.

have you tried putting new plugs in and starting it? 

No I haven't swapped plugs, just put on the same ones. I'll go pick some new plugs up, once I'm sure there's no leak. Should I pick up 4 plugs 2 for testing then have 2 new ones to put on after? Or will the plugs still be good after I test them?

Just turned the peacock on 5 mins ago, no leaking so far. I cleaned the oil off the bolt that was dripping at the bottom to make sure if it still drips its fresh.

ill let you guys know what's up

Just seen a video on how to do the plug chop, when I said my plugs were black I meant just the bottom part just to be clear on that. 

Heres es a pic for you guys

https://ibb.co/jaGzf5

can I diagnose the new plugs I will be testing through the bottom like in the pic or will I literally have to chop off the threading to inspect it?

Just picked up some new plugs. The dude at the shop told me to get yamalube 2R to mix with my fuel instead of the marine 2 cycle I've been using. I was doing 8oz when I first got it that's what the guy I got it from said to mix. My buddy told me that was too much oil to trim it down to 4 oz but I didn't want to make the jump right away so I did 6oz per gal in my second tank. I will empty out my tank and use this oil to see if it runs better. 

Also, my exhaust has a leak on one side right by the clamp that holds onto my frame. (I'm talking about the shearers not the actual pipe) don't know if that's affecting my jetting.

would you guys suggest I run the test as soon as I swap the plugs or just swap them and see how it rides until I get that exhaust leak welded?

28 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

I guess I am just now realizing just how new you really are to the 2stroke game lol. Where are you from anyhow?

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

Yeah lol I got into the bikelife like a year and a half ago, always been on my 2016 raptor, pump 93 octane and I'm out lol. Maintenance here and there but that was about it.

ive done way more on this shee than I ever had to do on my raptor since I got it.

born n raised in Miami, Redlands to be exact. Straight farmland and dirt roads around me.

ill try klotz or benol next time, the guy at the shop said this stuff was good so I went with it. I will swap fuel to mix with this yamalube, change spark plugs and try to fire her up.

• Like 1

Alright fellas, switched fuel now it's mixed with yamalube r2 31:1 ratio. Also swapped plugs, got new ones in now.

do y'all think I should drain my carbs as well, or just try firing her up with what it has in there?

Can't get it to turn on, kicked it a bunch of times with the choke a bunch of times with throttle and a bunch of times with fuel off before repeating.. when I give her gas you can hear it purr kinda that's the best way I can explain it. When I kick it with the choke it doesn't really make a sound

Edited by Rawnold