What is this leak?

Can't get it to turn on, kicked it a bunch of times with the choke a bunch of times with throttle and a bunch of times with fuel off before repeating.. when I give her gas you can hear it purr kinda that's the best way I can explain it. When I kick it with the choke it doesn't really make a sound

Do you have cylinder compression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Do you have cylinder compression?

How would I know? I don't have a compression tester is there any other way to tell?

How would I know? I don't have a compression tester is there any other way to tell?

Remove spark plug. Place thumb over spark plug hole. Rotate kicker and see if there is compression.

Or go buy one. bdef6a0e3346f70684b4a68d3659ea62.png

9 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Remove spark plug. Place thumb over spark plug hole. Rotate kicker and see if there is compression.

Or go buy one. bdef6a0e3346f70684b4a68d3659ea62.png

Should it suck in or blow out? & to check spark just put screwdriver to tip of plug & kick right?

Well I just checked, I have spark on both spark plugs, they already had a bit of black smudge on em, not sure if that matters. 

As for compression, I put my finger over the left side it was blowing out, covered it back up, went for the left and the left side sucks in is that how it's supposed to be?

Well I just checked, I have spark on both spark plugs, they already had a bit of black smudge on em, not sure if that matters. 

As for compression, I put my finger over the left side it was blowing out, covered it back up, went for the left and the left side sucks in is that how it's supposed to be?

They are both cylinders with a piston in them and a carburetor attached to feed fuel. Both pistons are attached to the crankshaft via a connecting rod. Does logic lead you down the path that the would do anything that differs from anything accept exactly the same thing?????

Now, when the piston goes up, what happens to the fuel charge in the cylinder???

When the piston goes down, what happens in the cylinder?

7 minutes ago, spurdy said:

They are both cylinders with a piston in them and a carburetor attached to feed fuel. Both pistons are attached to the crankshaft via a connecting rod. Does logic lead you down the path that the would do anything that differs from anything accept exactly the same thing?????

Now, when the piston goes up, what happens to the fuel charge in the cylinder???

When the piston goes down, what happens in the cylinder?

Sorry partner lost me there. I got a basic understanding of the motor, but as for how the compression works that really didn't help me understand it much. One side is going down that's why it's sucking air in? And the other is goin up that's why it's blowing? Lol just be straight up. Might seem real simple to you but this is all new to me....

edit- and if both spark & comp are both looking normal what should be my next step?

Edited by Rawnold

Sorry partner lost me there. I got a basic understanding of the motor, but as for how the compression works that really didn't help me understand it much. One side is going down that's why it's sucking air in? And the other is goin up that's why it's blowing? Lol just be straight up. Might seem real simple to you but this is all new to me....

Do both go down every time? Or do they alternate? 

2 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Do both go down every time? Or do they alternate?

Can't tell if this is a serious question or you still trying to get me to think...... regardless one side blew out every time, the other side sucked air every time. Kicked each side about 5 times

Can't tell if this is a serious question or you still trying to get me to think...... regardless one side blew out every time, the other side sucked air every time. Kicked each side about 5 times

Being totally serious.

Now, how the hell did you kick it over with a thumb on the plug hole?

Try rotating it by hand. You'll probably find they both do the exact same thing. Just as they should since they are duplicates of each other.

Then go buy a gauge and measure what your static compression really is.

4 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Being totally serious.

Now, how the hell did you kick it over with a thumb on the plug hole?

Try rotating it by hand. You'll probably find they both do the exact same thing. Just as they should since they are duplicates of each other.

Then go buy a gauge and measure what your static compression really is.

Really wasn't that hard tbh. Can't say for sure if I used my thumb but I covered the hole with my finger and that's what I felt. Should I do it with both sides unplugged?cause I did one then the other 

e- as for buying a tester won't be today but I'll definitely be getting one

Edited by Rawnold