What is this leak?

25 minutes ago, ginger said:

no, i just dont want you going to a hokey guy that does shit with a hand drill. 

i didnt send mine to a forum sponsor when i had it done. but i did send it to a guy that all he does it 2 stroke motors.   if you do take it to southern performance, ive seen his work and that would fly, but what you had in plan with the guy who would do it on the cheap i wouldnt. 

The guy who was doing it for cheap was a professional with a shop and heavy machinery, trust me I know not to take my stuff to just anyone. I appreciate all the concern I really do!! Loll but I will be going to southern performance rest assured. My buddy is real cool with Shane 

That's actually my buddy's mech, I was gonna hit him up but I'm gonna go thruough my friend first cause he's pretty cool with him. Sully was telling me if someone needs a piston to bore I shouldn't trust them? Lol anyways I think my dads mech would've done it perfectly fine he works on all types of engines from big blocks to 2 strokes so I'm sure he'd know what he's doing. I'm gonna go the builder route though that way I can take care of everything else once and for all. 

Btw I have size 18 domes rn fellas. What do I need in order to run pump? Will i lose performance cause of it?

To run pump gas you're probably gonna need a 21-22cc dome.

Most builders will be able to tell you what size you need based on port timings when they look at your cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spurdy said:

To run pump gas you're probably gonna need a 21-22cc dome.

Most builders will be able to tell you what size you need based on port timings when they look at your cylinders.

I already told him this via text.  Having ur cylinders in the hands on a builder that KNOWS porting (not some dude who claims he knows porting bc he grinded on some cylinder with a dremmel) will be able to know that domes you will need set up with to run pump gas. Plus you will have all your other issues handled at the same time (bore and pistons). You keep saying its gunna cost this much more blah blah blah you haven't even talked to anyone yet and got quotes.  good luck ive given you all I know to do

and btw its not that we wont be satisfied if you don't send it to a builder. what you do doesn't affect us, but you come on here and ask what to do and then say nope im doing something else instead

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 1

I already told him this via text.  Having ur cylinders in the hands on a builder that KNOWS porting (not some dude who claims he knows porting bc he grinded on some cylinder with a dremmel) will be able to know that domes you will need set up with to run pump gas. Plus you will have all your other issues handled at the same time (bore and pistons). You keep saying its gunna cost this much more blah blah blah you haven't even talked to anyone yet and got quotes.  good luck ive given you all I know to do
and btw its not that we wont be satisfied if you don't send it to a builder. what you do doesn't affect us, but you come on here and ask what to do and then say nope im doing something else instead

Isn't that where the term askhole was coined from?

Lol... listen rjd you swear like these site sponsors are the only people building motors in america, I appreciate all the help from you guys but you're are acting like they pay you to rep these niggas lol.. chill the fuck out. Just cause you know they're good doesn't mean they're the only good builders out there.. it's a big world with a lot of talented people.. doesn't take much to get the job done right just takes someone who knows what they're doing.
you expect me to take my motor off my frame and ship it off to some shop in Kansas when I could put it In the back of my truck and find a nigga who knows what they're doing aroundme? You're crazy as fuck lol.. cylinder boring yeah maybe I would've gone that sponsor route.

OP
After reading through the 22 pages of this thread of what seems to be very solid advice. As you had stated yourself you have limited mechanical ability which is not a problem, and your willingness to learn about you new bike is commendable(get a clymers manual asap), as it not a machine that can be ridden and put away wet. You had stated that you just want to get out and rip on it. That is a common denominator of most member here, we just want to get out and rip. That said you have two ears and one mouth for a reason. No one here would steer you wrong in helping you out. All the advise given thus far is sound and was given Solely to benefit you.
1. Sending your motor out to a builder who builds these motors all time will ensure everything is done right, through experience with this motor.
2. Sending your motor out will give you a correct baseline on how your motor should be working, thus allowing see, hear when something is not right. Then you can fix it.
3. Unfortunately you have chosen the wrong bike if you want have a fast reliable bike considering it unknown history. Banshees will empty you wallet fast.
From my limited experience with them, I followed all the advice from members here and chose a builder to do my porting work. My builder also gave me advice on other parts that should be looked at since I was going for more reliably over a rocket ship. Also note that I'm in Canada, so very limited engine builders here.
These guys on here have given sound advice. They are trying to save you lots of money and headache. Best advice is to listen.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have now been spoon fed a lot of info. Everyone is growing weary of telling you the same thing over and over.

Here is the short of it

You are incapable of doing the rebuild yourself.

You need to quit being so cheap and have a REPUTABLE shop do the work.

Do not just pick some random ass shop that may or may not know how to PROPERLY set up your motor.

Use a BHQ sponsor for your build. Who fucking cares if it cost you an extra $100 for assembly, it will be done RIGHT.

If you decide not to take the advice we have offered and you end up with a junked out motor, we do not want to see you back here crying about it. We will most likely ALL of us laugh at you because you have been told how to handle this situation very clearly.

You might as well quit arguing and just do what we are ALL telling you. It will save you $$$ in the long run. Do it right, do it once.

I will not be responding to any more of your repeat questions on this issue. You know what you need to do.

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

^^This.

Who said that guy cant be diplomatic?? ;-)

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lol I never said I was handing my cylinders to a guy with a dremmel, like I said the dude is a pro working with all sorts or engines just not banshees in specific.

anyways y'all are great, & im sure the sponsors are as good as yall say. I just feel it's easier taking my shit to someone who works around me. I'll be talking to the dude from southern performance tmrw, he seems legit, my friend backs him up too I'm sure he'll steer me the right way. 

Just to be clear only reason I didn't wanna send my stuff out was cause of the shipping hassle and I like doing things in person a lot better, who doesn't?

I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, that limits what is available to you by a shit ton. Sure, any competent engine builder can bore a set of cylinders, but only someone that specializes in 2 strokes or specifically Banshee motors is going to be able to get full potential out of your cylinders.

We all have our opinions. I've got a builder just down the road (that some people love the hell out of) from me but I send my stuff to the west coast because that's where I get the best results.

To each his own. Good luck, I'm ducking out of this thread.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...