Stock rear shock rebuilding

hotrodbanshee

My stock rear shock crapped out on my 2003 crapped out at little Sahara in Oklahoma this past weekend. How much $ am I looking at for a rebuild? Where are there some good places to have it rebuilt? Or should I just look at buying a good used one off of eBay?

Edited by hotrodbanshee

to bad the Yamaha manual isn't like the Honda. shows how to take apart the suspension. but anyway rear shocks are pretty easy. release any nitrogen. take spring off. take out adjuster knob on reservoir and pour out oil. probly be a circlip or something holding the seal head in and the whole rod assembly comes out. replace parts and fill with oil then nitrogen to recommended pressure. problem with ebay is you don't know if what your buying is any better than what you have

Buy a new aftermarket shock set up for you. Depending on your needs. It could be close to $500.... $700 gets you a new works. I could be off though. It's been awhile since I looked. Good luck

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Not quite that easy on a stock banshee rear. They have a ring on each side of the seal head if they have not been rebuilt before. Makes disassembly tricky.

u sayin the OP is stupid and couldn't figure it out ? haha im sure its not to complex judging from a parts phish, probly a circlip in a groove of the shock body, that's how other shocks are. but sounds like he doesn't want to attempt it.

u sayin the OP is stupid and couldn't figure it out ? haha im sure its not to complex judging from a parts phish, probly a circlip in a groove of the shock body, that's how other shocks are. but sounds like he doesn't want to attempt it.

you should build one yourself before comenting on how easy it is. But since it so simple how much oil do you add? Whats the ifp setting? Whats the nitrogen pressure? How do you remove the outer sealhead circlip? These are basics you must know before you can even start on shim stack adjustments. Based off the fact the op did not ask any of these questions tells be it beyond his skill set
  • Like 1

CCycle suspension.com

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

There you go C Cycle! Bill is an ace and he's quick! I paid $200-$220 to have my OEM rear shock fully rebuilt from C Cycle. I strongly recommend him!

(860) 918-1236

• Like 1

you should build one yourself before comenting on how easy it is. But since it so simple how much oil do you add? Whats the ifp setting? Whats the nitrogen pressure? How do you remove the outer sealhead circlip? These are basics you must know before you can even start on shim stack adjustments. Based off the fact the op did not ask any of these questions tells be it beyond his skill set

been there bro, rebuilt em before. besides some small nuances, most rear shocks are all very similar. the op wants a rebuild, not a shim pack adjustment. dont make it complicated when it isnt

again, who the hell in their right mind would buy a used shock of unknown condition. sure it may last 4yrs but it may shit the seal out tomorow.