CPI SB Fitting issues (Need Help)

Jetnbyu93

Like to to see if I could grab someone's attention who maybe had the same issue.

Clearance Issue

CPI SB with 35 pwk carbs and chariot intake not working.

The left CPI stinger is not giving enough clearance room for the carb. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Would UPP intakes bring the carbs back enough from the singers to clear?

8bfac2cbd8839f3b8536e970824089ba.jpg

945c8bd4c61ba7fc9e7af302d1f2bb3f.jpg

099d6133b77e03499787d9ff512933f8.jpg

2fff8b68a4410974c3d38d6218dcc29a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, CPIs don't always fit correctly.  I had one set that fit great, then another that hit the cool head enough to put a quarter sized dent in it.  Same bike, and motor.  Might want to try the cascade style clamps though.  I think they're a bit thinner, and definitely much easier to use.  But even then, it might not fit...thats looks pretty bad.

Can you try to put a spacer on the frame hanger?

Thanks

Yea I've already put the space between the frame to clear the head and good to go on that situation. I had these on my stock bore motor however their wasn't much of a problem because I had 28pwks. Now I have a new set up (421 cub) and 35s are quite a bit larger and where the issue is coming in at. This is the only thing holding me up I'm getting frustrated smh I thought I was at the end of the road and here comes the block lol.

You might try bending the mount tab on the pipe a little. See if it helps any.  It may wrinkle/crack the chrome on the tab though...

edit: Space the silencer away from the frame and use hose clamps to pull the tubing closer to the frame near the carbs. Might help.

Thanks for everyone help, guess I'm going to keep spacing and tugging lol.

So does anyone think the UPP intakes would help? They are a lot thinner than the chariot intake and would pull the carbs quit a bit closer to the motor away from the pipes?

Can you try to put a spacer on the frame hanger?

That's what i had to do. It was a lot of shims. I also had 30oko carbs so maybe the cap was a little smaller. I used cascade style aluminum clamps which has two small allan head screws to hold the expansion chamber to the stinger. I also had stock intake and reed spacers.

Cam ported the cylinder and shipped the cylinder and head to me for some color.

I finally found the right shop for the job last week and now I know his capabilities so I'm having a lot more parts done now.

I'm dropping everything else off tomorrow morning.

Then when the parts are done I'm going to ship everything to Cam for the final build and dyno tune w/CPI's.

I hope he can dyno the motor with Snipers too.

Cam ported the cylinder and shipped the cylinder and head to me for some color.

I finally found the right shop for the job last week and now I know his capabilities so I'm having a lot more parts done now.

I'm dropping everything else off tomorrow morning.

Then when the parts are done I'm going to ship everything to Cam for the final build and dyno tune w/CPI's.

I hope he can dyno the motor with Snipers too.

Sweet man! Sounds good.. Im trying to get my hands on a set of cpis