CPI SB Fitting issues (Need Help)

Jetnbyu93

Cam ported the cylinder and shipped the cylinder and head to me for some color.

I finally found the right shop for the job last week and now I know his capabilities so I'm having a lot more parts done now.

I'm dropping everything else off tomorrow morning.

Then when the parts are done I'm going to ship everything to Cam for the final build and dyno tune w/CPI's.

I hope he can dyno the motor with Snipers too.

What motor are you gonna have?

CPI pipes are the ones I've always had trouble with the most on the left side. I have a bike now with an LA sleeve 409 top end and both front pipe hangers are custom to make the pipes fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPI pipes are the ones I've always had trouble with the most on the left side. I have a bike now with an LA sleeve 409 top end and both front pipe hangers are custom to make the pipes fit.

Yeah, I got the unfinished pipes and I'm not impressed with the welds or the puny 1/8" flanges that have two bolts to the silencer.

If it's not too much money, I'll have Cam dyno my build with CPI's, Shearers and Snipers.

Should be a fun motor. See if he has a set of SLp pipes he can test on it too. Won't rev as much as the other pipes but should pull like a mother fucker down low. Plus it made more trq then the cpi pipes did on a 4mm motor

I've ridden SLP's before on a Dune Ported 350 that had Toomey T3's before.

It was a huge difference in power delivery.

Yeah the SLP's made a shit ton more power down low, but they left me wishing I had a 7th gear.

I have yet to try a 15/41 sprocket combo with the SLP's.

I hope that's the fix!

I've ridden SLP's, T3's, T5's and PC's w/304 silencers.

And the PC's are my favorite pipe so far.

I sure hope these CPI's fit great and deliver the power right up the face of the power curve!

Yeah, I got the unfinished pipes and I'm not impressed with the welds or the puny 1/8" flanges that have two bolts to the silencer.

If it's not too much money, I'll have Cam dyno my build with CPI's, Shearers and Snipers.

I've ridden SLP's before on a Dune Ported 350 that had Toomey T3's before.

It was a huge difference in power delivery.

Yeah the SLP's made a shit ton more power down low, but they left me wishing I had a 7th gear.

I have yet to try a 15/41 sprocket combo with the SLP's.

I hope that's the fix!

I've ridden SLP's, T3's, T5's and PC's w/304 silencers.

And the PC's are my favorite pipe so far.

I sure hope these CPI's fit great and deliver the power right up the face of the power curve!

Chris I promise you that gearing will fix that.. Im at 15/43 RN and didnt try changing gearing yet but Im gunna be at 15/41 come riding season and I know for a fact that it will help.  The amount of bottom end I have is stupid as u already know.  I noticed a bit of that affect on long straights as far as looking for 7th gear. I was on loose gravel too not getting much traction.  But I will be riding shorter dunes and trails so its not that big of a deal for me

Edit: Ill let you know how the gearing change works out

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 3

So the UPP intakes and shimming workedThings are a tab bit tighter than my liking, however I have enough room to now get the cascade exhaust pipe wrap between the carb and stinger with no issue.

e831fca2ad682ed5f2e207f41d707cd6.jpg

I had one more problem after the carb fitment. My throttle cable had to much slack and not enough pull for the 35s to fully open, I searched the form and found the answer, I swapped out the top bass carb adjusters with the longer silver adjusters (luckily had a set) and now good to go on that issue.

c7138c6e5d774d3ed477132be7bb54ff.jpg

I would like to say thanks for everyone's advice and hopefully this thread will help someone else one day.

• Like 2