Ideal swing arm length for dune and trails

Abtx

I am looking forward to seeing it done. I'd like to see when and how the power comes on to my 521 serval. Mike pulls VERY hard on top so it would be nice to have more on too and more low end. Whether that is by having the power come on early and/or more power before the power band, I don't know.

I say mine pulls very hard on top but I'll have to retract that statement. I have never ridden anything near my Power level to compare. I know a lot here have.

I am looking forward to seeing it done. I'd like to see when and how the power comes on to my 521 serval. Mike pulls VERY hard on top so it would be nice to have more on too and more low end. Whether that is by having the power come on early and/or more power before the power band, I don't know.

I say mine pulls very hard on top but I'll have to retract that statement. I have never ridden anything near my Power level to compare. I know a lot here have.

I'm kind of anxious to finish my serval as well. It will be cool to run both motors(535 Cheetah and 521 Super Serval) back to back to really see the differences.
  • Like 1

Who's porting the serval?

I've committed to Arlen at LED. Just waiting on a frame. I could of done the stock frame and been about done by now. I've got bikes that run and I'm trying not to spend money from the stash for a new house, so I'm in no hurry.

Mine took forever due to building a house and having a wedding then I got let go from the oil field. It isn't cheap and it was a stock frame at that. I have about 12-13k into the build. It's cool to see you going with a different builder. Looking forward to results. Too bad you don't live closer, you could ride mine for comparison.

Stock length, 521 super serv. I love it. I put a +6 on initially and hated it. The wheels did nothing but spin.

How does it act playing around with a stock swing arm? That's exactly why I hate my +6. Got video? I been trying to trade for a stock length. I'll have to just buy one.

I know. People kept saying go +4 or +6 and they all have high hp. It was nice to somewhat get used to the power. Going from 55ish to over 100 and not riding it for over two years made a decent learning curve.

My swing arm is a turbo chassis control.

I'm kind of anxious to finish my serval as well. It will be cool to run both motors(535 Cheetah and 521 Super Serval) back to back to really see the differences.

I know not exactly the same, but I had my 465 serval on pump gas and my 465 cub on alky at the same time and the top end difference was insane.

My serval was very fast for a play bike and would run with 4mil stock cyl drag bikes pretty well but the 10 cub gapped it huge in 300'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it act playing around with a stock swing arm? That's exactly why I hate my +6. Got video? I been trying to trade for a stock length. I'll have to just buy one.

When making 100+hp and having a longer swingarm (+6 for an example) your gonna need cut 22 or 23" Ambush tires, some taller gearing like 16/44 or more and to tighten up the collar on the rear shock. It's gonna spin but it will hook better. Now on sand it's a totally different story with good paddles tires. You will get traction then and probably have a hell of a fun time trying to keep the front end down