Big bore vs sleeved

Gemeiner

So the more balls you put in there, does it affect the pull?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is a dl lockup

4c52aefe80183deded9603689933e1bd.jpg

The grooves are 'slopped' , the balls want to go from center to outside with rpm raising and they push on the plate 'cause they have to 'climb' the slope.

More balls equal more force on the plate at High rpm.

04e8aaeecb9e8464a1e1bba73bd45fe4.jpg

• Like 1

This is a dl lockup

4c52aefe80183deded9603689933e1bd.jpg

The grooves are 'slopped' , the balls want to go from center to outside with rpm raising and they push on the plate 'cause they have to 'climb' the slope.

More balls equal more force on the plate at High rpm.

04e8aaeecb9e8464a1e1bba73bd45fe4.jpg

Wow good effort Claude. Nice post.

Gemeiner- So this whole assembly just replaces the stock pressure plate.  The ball bearing plate goes on first, then put your springs with stud extenders in, then the outside cover to the lock up (The black plate) screws ontop. Adjust pancake, then boom done. 

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 1

You're really going to make me drive out to silver lake dunes to try this thing.

The slingshot has been on my list for a long time. Just never ordered it. I don't feel like pulling my clutch cover off.

And the lp/slp look like something im interested in.

But considering how hard it was for you to sell your top end I may be stuck with mine

Just build another motor and keep your current as a back up. No more down time.
  • Like 1

So you pretty much need a lockup with a 421? The purpose of the slingshot vs the lockup cover is for a sleeper right? Theres no ridability differences btw the 2?

I genuinely like the heavier slingshot for trail riding and out of the turns for TT. . Totally helps the bike get in the power.
  • Like 1

Ohhhh ok i see. Nice post. So Just letting off the throttle for a sec is enough to ease up the pressure and shift?

You do not need to worry about needing to shift as quick like a stock clutch. You don't drag race for money or anything serious like that.

You're really going to make me drive out to silver lake dunes to try this thing.

The slingshot has been on my list for a long time. Just never ordered it. I don't feel like pulling my clutch cover off.

And the lp/slp look like something im interested in.

But considering how hard it was for you to sell your top end I may be stuck with mine

What's your top end setup?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You do not need to worry about needing to shift as quick like a stock clutch. You don't drag race for money or anything serious like that.

True. But ive been on some pretty tricky hills that required some clutch work. Ill have a lot more bottom end with the 421 though so it might not be much of an issue.