Big bore vs sleeved

Gemeiner

You're really going to make me drive out to silver lake dunes to try this thing.

The slingshot has been on my list for a long time. Just never ordered it. I don't feel like pulling my clutch cover off.

And the lp/slp look like something im interested in.

But considering how hard it was for you to sell your top end I may be stuck with mine

It take about 3 min to do the modification to you oem cover for the driveline lockup.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

If your clutch pull isn't too hard, why bother with a lockup? Unless it will when you hit the dunes

If his clutch lever is not hard to pull, it will slip with a 85hp motor.

When i installed the dl lockup, I only putted half the balls with standard springs and it was sliping on heavy load.

Imagine with no lockup at all...

So you pretty much need a lockup with a 421? The purpose of the slingshot vs the lockup cover is for a sleeper right? Theres no ridability differences btw the 2?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Both have their plus/minus. Be abke to keep your oem cover is one of the 'plus' for the slingshot type.

Gotcha. I put a little over half with my old 4mil and it was fine. But I assume the engine as far weaker than most 4mil. I run all the balls now and it's fine.

If you need to see how much you need to mod the inside of the cover, I've got pictures in my serval build thread. I had to do it again when I bought a polished cover.

Huh. I thought it was supposed to be okay with the billet basket and FAST fibers. Ill do that too then. Might get a lockup cover though cuz i think they look pretty sick and my stock cover looks all beat to hell. Well see

Edited by Gemeiner

So you pretty much need a lockup with a 421? The purpose of the slingshot vs the lockup cover is for a sleeper right? Theres no ridability differences btw the 2?

The sling shot lock up doesnt require a cover because you dont NEED one, just a simple mod to the stock one to make it work, but yes i suppose to does give a sleeper look.  The difference between the sling shot from DL and the other lock ups with the weighted arms that your used to seeing is that the sling shot one is used with ball bearing weights. So if you need to adjust or add more weight to it, its a little bit more of a pain to do because you have to remove the whole clutch cover and tilt the bike on its side instead of the DD one where you can just take the quick cover off.  But if you go with a sling, Lane can basically tell you how many balls you will need based on what type of riding you are doing and power your making

I put a little over half with my old 4mil and it was fine. But I assume the engine as far weaker than most 4mil. I run all the balls now and it's fine.

If you need to see how much you need to mod the inside of the cover, I've got pictures in my serval build thread. I had to do it again when I bought a polished cover.

More balls doesn't make too much of a difference in pull, rpms make the most difference. You are fighting what it's doing.