Motor mounts

Tedder

I'm sorry, that's a little miss leading. The mounts are welded with T308 tig rod. The actual stainless steel solid round stock and tubing I use is T303 and the hardening method used is water quenching which also helps with corrosion resistance.

I don't use T304 because the cutting bit jumps when it makes contact with the T304 material on the Precision Benchtop Lathe I have in my shop. I don't mass produce parts or have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of CNC machinery in my shop like JDS Custom's, LSR, ect. This will be the first time I've ever tried to market or sell anything I've designed or built, and I was only doing it because there seemed to be a demand and I'm the only one that's developed a beefed up set of mounts that have bushings that will hold up to high horsepower engines and still offer good vibration absorption characteristics. Up until I came up with these mounts you had to choose to hard mount the motor, do away with the lower mounts completely and hope for the best, or run the stock mounts and weak rubber bushings that constantly needed replacing.

If what I'm asking for a set of custom built beefed up lower mounts is more than you feel comfortable paying I provided the Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushing Part Number that I'm using in a previous reply. Feel free to build your own lower mounts, purchase the bushings that I'm using, and build your own set. I wasn't offering to build the upgraded mounts for any other reason than help out the guys that were looking for a solution to a problem. I hope I answered your questions.

Thanks,

Jim

I'm sorry, that's a little miss leading. The mounts are welded with T308 tig rod. The actual stainless steel solid round stock and tubing I use is T303 and the hardening method used is water quenching which also helps with corrosion resistance.

I don't use T304 because the cutting bit jumps when it makes contact with the T304 material on the Precision Benchtop Lathe I have in my shop. I don't mass produce parts or have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of CNC machinery in my shop like JDS Custom's, LSR, ect. This will be the first time I've ever tried to market or sell anything I've designed or built, and I was only doing it because there seemed to be a demand and I'm the only one that's developed a beefed up set of mounts that have bushings that will hold up to high horsepower engines and still offer good vibration absorption characteristics. Up until I came up with these mounts you had to choose to hard mount the motor, do away with the lower mounts completely and hope for the best, or run the stock mounts and weak rubber bushings that constantly needed replacing.

If what I'm asking for a set of custom built beefed up lower mounts is more than you feel comfortable paying I provided the Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushing Part Number that I'm using in a previous reply. Feel free to build your own lower mounts, purchase the bushings that I'm using, and build your own set. I wasn't offering to build the upgraded mounts for any other reason than help out the guys that were looking for a solution to a problem. I hope I answered your questions.

Thanks,

Jim

Man, i like your product, i was just asking questions 'cause 304 is cheap. Man up a little bit ;-)

• 1 month later...

Just giving you guys a update, I got Ted Reed'a Heavy Duty Motor Mounts finished up and shipped out last week. Hopefully he's happy with them and he will post a product review for you guys.

Thanks again for the hospitality that Tyler and all the other members have shown in this thread. I really appreciate it.