Think I may have a big problem?

So today my mikuni carb sync tool came in. I threw it on my carbs and noticed that my throttle side carb was reading around 5 or so at idle. My clutch lever side carb was at 1 or 2. It was a big difference. So I figured let's check compression both side are at like 119&1/2 psi. Pulls hard but I was noticing a slight hick up around mid throttle don't know what could be up any advice. And I always noticed my throttle side exhaust always smoked more.

290 main jets

Stock pilots

Needle is last clip down

Just set your idle until both carbs pull the same, also make sure slides are in sync

I did set the idle and the carb slides seem to be in sync. For just eyeing it. it just the readings don't seem right with one side being so off u kno and I bought that tool so I could try to get everything 100% do you think I may have an air leak maybe that's the only other thing that I can think of.

I tried the throttle carb it just moving more air into the engine

It's "moving more air" because the idle is set higher on that carb.

You have to set your idle to make both carbs pull the same. Put the sync tool on one carb, you say the one is pulling around 5, now if the other is pulling any less vacum, run your idle up on that carb until they are dead even. Usually around 5 is pretty good but both have to pull the exact same. 

You have to sync two different settings. First is the idle speed adjustment screws. You want to do this with slack in the throttle cable. The second adjustment is the carb tops. This is done with tension on the carb cable. That way both slides lift at the same time and the same amount. I usually take the thumb throttle cover off and use a 1/4" extension or small socket to wedge in between the housing and the arm that pulls the cable. This way the throttle is held slightly open and at a constant rpm. Then go back and fourth between carbs making adjustments to get them to the same reading.