New owner in WA

Check plug boots, stator pick up, set pick up gap, etc. I know you're higher up in Washington but my brothers shee out there had pretty similar mods and it was totally happy on 27.5 pilot. Just seems odd.

Ok, Ill look into that stuff, after idling a bit, you get rolling and be 1/4-1/3 throttle and hold it, you can feel when it cleans up and is happy again, it rips!

Two things I don't see mentioned, setting float level and cleaning emulsion/main jet tube. There's 8 tiny holes on the side of them.

I looked a little for info on the float level, but must not be typing in the right terms..   Ill take the carbs off again and look for that jet tube, will that make it run rich at idle?

I thought there was a rubber thing in the end of the plunger, to seal the port, I cant remember, but that would explain the rich idle, and smoke, and running like a raped ape up top. .. give the choke circuit a once over.

Edited by Scrubby

thought from another thread, would it do this if the slides were backwards? It has me thinking... Ive always kept everything on the side I got it on, but maybe thats why the previous owner had issue, Im almost betting the cutaway is towards the motor right now......

• Like 1

That would be a major issue. Not the first time someone went over everything 10 times and still can't figure it out, and it turned out to be slides.

Ill know in an hour or so, wish someone mentioned it a long time ago, haha. I didnt even think about it, I was more concerned with keeping the parts as they were when I got it.

Yep, that was the problem, the previous owner had the slides in the wrong carbs and they were backwards, swap sides with those and now it's crisp and is to lean on the bottom and, it has a stumble from Idle, i'm assuming from it being too mean, I will tinker more with it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that was the problem, the previous owner had the slides in the wrong carbs and they were backwards, swap sides with those and now it's crisp and is to lean on the bottom and, it has a stumble from Idle, i'm assuming from it being too mean, I will tinker more with it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I'd put those 27.5 pilots in and put the the needle clip in middle...make sure you air screw is 1.5 turns out

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk