In house frame modification questions.

The problem I see here is, you're not doing it to tinker and try new things. You're doing this to save money. If you have only been at this stuff for a year, truth is, a lot of it is probably over your head. I'm not trying to talk you out of anything here and I don't mean to disrespect you, I just don't want to see you get hurt because you did something wrong.

The problem I see here is, you're not doing it to tinker and try new things. You're doing this to save money. If you have only been at this stuff for a year, truth is, a lot of it is probably over your head. I'm not trying to talk you out of anything here and I don't mean to disrespect you, I just don't want to see you get hurt because you did something wrong.

Not all just doing it to try to save money, This is what i am going to be pursuing as a career. At the time yea its going to save me alot of money, Which hopefully at the end of this summer will be helping me to return to UNOH to finish my associates in high performance motor sports. And its not something that im going to be trying to complete all on my own, The shop that i work is just me and my boss, someone who has grown up Fabricating his own dirt track cars and such. So im just gathering information to present to him and get a combined collective of something that is going to work. 

I may be in kentucky but im not out back stick welding scrap metals haha... Thats down the road  :unsure:

If you are confident in your fab skills, then I agree with every Tom, Dick, & Harry ^above. Build a swing arm. Either way you're welding the same amount. The roundhouse parts are way straighter then any OEM carrier ever stays. If you can handle the swinger, there are also sub frame kits out there.

• Like 1

There are tons of threads out there with some pretty off the wall stuff that should give you some ideas. Snoop around a little bit. Just take your time with everything and think it through.

Absolutely why im here and not just diving in lol. 

Not all just doing it to try to save money, This is what i am going to be pursuing as a career. At the time yea its going to save me alot of money, Which hopefully at the end of this summer will be helping me to return to UNOH to finish my associates in high performance motor sports. And its not something that im going to be trying to complete all on my own, The shop that i work is just me and my boss, someone who has grown up Fabricating his own dirt track cars and such. So im just gathering information to present to him and get a combined collective of something that is going to work.

I may be in kentucky but im not out back stick welding scrap metals haha... Thats down the road :unsure:

Oh fuck an UNOH flag fag! They still racing around CP like it's a fucking track?

Great advice as stated.

If you cut and extend your stock swingarm, put a sleeve inside the tubing to take the stress, that z400 is my girlfriends dads bike, and it truly sucked dealing with that out on the sand. Think about how heavy that arm is going to be when you are finished...IMHO $$$$ ahead to fab a whole arm.

Man most of you dont even understand structural integrity. Just please know how to fabricate properly before building anything. Before it breaks like that swingarm in this thread. And you hurt yourself or others.

You can extend a stocker to be just as strong if not stronger then a complete new one. After its all said and done, just build new. Imo

• Like 1