My 2006 SE build up

JasonB

Some pre carnage shots. Busy moving but my brother is going to tear it down to see if he can figure out what failed in the next week for me

3886952150ec1c5f0a5a70ab8cca00ed.jpg

6f6d6213d1032b72db2d679deaafc495.jpg

54038d1c30adde971e1de70b7a10aad5.jpg

My buddy Solle riding it as a back up one day, he brought a 450r Honda trike conversion that kept overheating so I stuck him on the Shee for a ride

04606adfb12d463d30bce51b61ff6624.jpg

• Like 3

Never mind the fucker heat seized. Needs bored and some new parts. My brother is splitting the cases now to see if everything else is fine or what. Oh well, try again lol 930b0e9b7ae9b00532f9ff39e574e05e.jpg

Overall thoughts on this bike after spending a week on it; i cant say enough good shit about this machine. i rung this things neck for 7 straight days and put around 25 gallons of gas through it and its still starting first kick and idling perfect. For never having owned a banshee or actually been out to ride one for any amount of time i was impressed. The bike was reliable and for an unported/unstroked motor it had enough power to keep me happy. I was able to let it scream around the bowls and hills in 4th and 5th gear, climbing steep hills in 3rd was fun too. The long travel A arms and Elka's made the ride smoother than i imagined, i was still bracing myself for rough transitions and choppy sand out of habit from riding bikes with worn suspension. This machine soaked up some HARD landings. I flew off a few drops and witches eye's and i think the suspension was a big part of saving my ass

Gripes: lights need upgraded to an LED bar so i dont out-ride my field of view at night. The vibrations were a little annoying when things like one of the idle screws in the TORS delete started backing out. Otherwise i cant really think of anything that annoyed me besides filling the tank 2-3 times a day

i love this bike, it really took an ass whooping out there and came back for more. Planning some trail rides later this month to see how it does in the woods. Thanks again for all the help and advice guys, i dont think this bike would have turned out as nice as it did without all the info i got and found on my own here at BHQ.

I was having same problem on my tors delete screws. Little blue loctite worked great! I don't even use the nuts anymore.

Nice build by the way man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...