Losing my leg, opinions wanted

gusto

Thanks Tricked, thats the way i have been looking at it also. I remember (i think it was you) saying that someone on this forum had developed an air device to change gears. It can be done! My insurance, provincial government, and war amps will be taking care of a lot of the cost. I just dont know what im paying for yet.

Screw the pinguel air shifter. It's really more for drag racing. It adds weight and will only go so many shifts on that little tank. The best option I found was a push button for the handle bars that runs a little electric servo motor that actuated the shifter. Pretty slick. I'll see if I can find photos of it on his face book page. This can be done. Keep your head up and stay positive. Also..... Weed over pain killers. Seriously be careful with all the legal drugs when this goes down.
  • Like 1

i knew of a dude in a chair who has no use of his legs, he rode his raptor just fine with an electric solenoid set up and buttons on the bars the local Yamaha shop set it up for him...he`s back on dirtbikes now which is how he broke his back in the first place

• Like 1

Screw the pinguel air shifter. It's really more for drag racing. It adds weight and will only go so many shifts on that little tank. The best option I found was a push button for the handle bars that runs a little electric servo motor that actuated the shifter. Pretty slick. I'll see if I can find photos of it on his face book page. This can be done. Keep your head up and stay positive. Also..... Weed over pain killers. Seriously be careful with all the legal drugs when this goes down.

MARIJUANA FTMFW!!!!

Sorry to hear that Gusto, thats a real kick to the junk man.  Like others have said, I'd keep it until you figure out how much your paying out of pocket then make a choice.  Even then, if you have a goal , or something to focus on it will make rehab go so much better.  My thoughts and prayers are with ya.

Gravel I was thinking the same thing earlier. Or something electrically handlebar button activated like Honda has. Or used to... Might not even be a viable option for a Banshees power and high revs.

Which is pretty much exactly what Deadbeat said... Stay in skool chilluns!

Edited by BANSHEE CHAOS

I'm with Tricked.

If it's paid for, keep it.

My Dad has been paralyzed for 49 yrs now. I grew up watching him do pretty much anything he put his mind to.

Riding atv's, water skiing, snowskiing, (in their own forms)

The only limitations will be the ones you allow into your head. It won't be easy.

For me personally I would need something to look forward to during the rehab process. An outlet that makes you feel good and rejuvenates the internal thrills that come with this sport.

Just a little something for yourself that helps you keep your sanity so you can be the best Dad and Husband possible the rest of the day.

Thoughts and prayers for you.

• Like 1

I'm with Tricked.

If it's paid for, keep it.

My Dad has been paralyzed for 49 yrs now. I grew up watching him do pretty much anything he put his mind to.

Riding atv's, water skiing, snowskiing, (in their own forms)

The only limitations will be the ones you allow into your head. It won't be easy.

For me personally I would need something to look forward to during the rehab process. An outlet that makes you feel good and rejuvenates the internal thrills that come with this sport.

Just a little something for yourself that helps you keep your sanity so you can be the best Dad and Husband possible the rest of the day.

Thoughts and prayers for you.

^ That 100%

Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes everyone, it's really appreciated.

this site can be pretty harsh with people but this thread is a good example of how much heart the members have. I got to tell ya I'm pretty pumped up by it and plan on keeping my banshee dream alive. The damn thing is a motivator! Thanks everyone.