Should I buy this bike. Seriously

JasonB

Buying my first banshee, there's a few locally but this one has my attention because of the built tranny and other mods. I understand the single carb and t5 pipes aren't popular on here from what I'm told. Here's the ad and some pics with info he sent me. Honestly considering it. The other one I really like is an 06 black SE bike totally stock aside from pipes and jets for 3500 OBO. This ones 2500 but no title and subframe is tweaked. Otherwise I'm kinda leaning towards picking it up this weekend. What do you guys think? Netflix and chill?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/snw/5331437913.html

Guy also has a vf3 reed set up, stock carbs and a set of 34mm carbs. The sub frame is tweaked as you can see which is a turn off but the mods it has make me really consider it. He said the lock up cover has a leak which I don't know how big of a deal that is. The brake lever touching the clutch cover is weird, does that look normal or is something fucky there?

**disclaimer*** I would be pulling the flag decals and swapping the seat cover , I like white fenders and plain seats

7721A5F4-FDFF-42E6-886D-48A6520B0A55_zps

F309E541-D817-4E9F-B224-9A02454DCB0E_zps

BC5A5923-8897-49FB-9885-66FDBCB165D6_zps

3B7CC558-F60A-444F-AAB6-32F54BF1C070_zps

E9D1CC96-AE66-4D01-83CE-D16535F1D6FA_zps

Larger Sig pick as 'thanks for the advice'

1f9a65b2-bf86-4226-880b-f1dd56e4b287_zps

Edited by JasonB

Budget is trying to stay under 5k right now, I keep increasing it as I shop lol. I want a decent base to start with. I want a Fucking title and a bike that's not beat to shit. I was looking to spend about 2-2500 on bike and another 1300 in suspension mods. I ride trails occasionally and the major time my new banshee will see will be little shara and Glamis in California. I like dunes. I don't want a drag bike, just a good all around rider with decent power

There are a some great bikes in the for sale section and on craigslist but they are all either 5+ hrs away,too much money, or the sellers don't respond to my texts and emails. 70% of the local bikes on craigslist are over priced for one reason or another. The ones I like the sellers don't fucking respond or they sold their shit and the ads still posted.

ITEM DESCRIPTION: Fresh LRD build bored and ported cylinders, Noss cool head, new true and welded crankshaft, full Hinson 8-plate clutch basket, hub and pressure plate, lock-up cover, pro-design water pump, pro-mod transmission, lightened flywheel and adjustable timing plate, 2-1 intake with 39mm carb and k&n filter, and T-5 pipes and silencers. Run great, just need to make room in the garage.

Offer 2k and buy a subframe kit from a multitude of vendors. I would assume if Arlan(Lrd) has been in that motor it scoots pretty good. There is a lot of good stuff there though. The lock up cover is wider then stock, so they tend to get right on the brake lever. Mark it and remove it and give it a few calculated bends. The leak, easy just find out which cover it is and there are a lot of fellas with gaskets/seals to get it drip free. Lout the stocker carbs back on and it could be a wild ride. Who knows, Arlan could of set it up for those 34's the guy has. Maybe he got fed up with trying to tune it....

• Like 1