My Build Thread, Redline 10mil Super Serval Cub on 110.

2 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

The Elka linkage is the variable that doesn't work out. Most swing arms barely allow a cunt hair of wiggle room on install. Then add the linkage that one out of every few thousand banshee riders have, and it's a toss up. If you're serious about developing your own linkage, this should be one of your top concerns. 

He's right about that. It may actually work fine with a stock linkage. Defeats the purpose of getting LT but if your in a pinch try that. Me personally I want it to work with the Elka linkage. It will definitely work with the stock linkage then as well 

Fireball is supposed to be the shit and they send swingarms that doesnt fit??

Can't pin this on fireball at all. We're slapping aftermarket parts together from different company's that don't test on each other's part. They're 2 variables here which is the fireball swingarm that's is pretty much bomb proof built and has that extra bracing at tube. The other is the Elka link which relocates the shock closer to the swing arm which that's it's full function.

These 2 parts together pretty much closed what ever gap there was between them and cause clearance issues but not either manufactures fault!

I had the same issues with my LSR arm but decided to make a solution myself by notching the swing arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The Elka linkage is the variable that doesn't work out. Most swing arms barely allow a cunt hair of wiggle room on install. Then add the linkage that one out of every few thousand banshee riders have, and it's a toss up. If you're serious about developing your own linkage, this should be one of your top concerns. 

I think Elka did the best they could with the linkage and anything better would require modifying the upper shock mount. I also think adding more travel than this will make the silencers start kissing the caliper.

• Like 1

He's right about that. It may actually work fine with a stock linkage. Defeats the purpose of getting LT but if your in a pinch try that. Me personally I want it to work with the Elka linkage. It will definitely work with the stock linkage then as well 

Yes the stock link creates more room but that defeats the whole purpose of this set up.

Were you able to get a hold of Larry? I tried a few times today, text call and vm, no response.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think Elka did the best they could with the linkage and anything better would require modifying the upper shock mount. I also think adding more travel than this will make the silencers start kissing the caliper.

I would agree with this possibility.

On my Laeger my right side silencer will contact the caliper.

I had to install a 1/2" spacer on both silencers to angle them outward to create the clearance and a uniform look.
  • Like 1

I would agree with this possibility.

On my Laeger my right side silencer will contact the caliper.

I had to install a 1/2" spacer on both silencers to angle them outward to create the clearance and a uniform look.

There's a guy local to me that has a laeger frame and did some desert racing. He ran FMF pipes and his story was that he would damage those silencers pretty often.

• Like 1