Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

That is funny banks does that. In this link to where to mount the probe, they suggest before the turbo.

http://www.bankspower.com/techarticles/show/25-why-egt-is-important

Lots of people put them before. I've seen them break and I'm smart enough to add 150 degrees to whatever it reads. 99% of people don't actually know what a safe temperature is for their engine anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sweet. I'm not really familiar with performance stuff on the older 7.3's. (Like Tabata's, not the early 00's like your old one).

My brother owns a diesel injection pump performance shop so I'm more in tune with the manual tuning. Learning about electronics though. My 6.4 has impressed me after minimal mods.

You're a son of a bitch!!!!!

I think an injector is going out in my 06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao. Better put 6 in or you'll just chase your tail.

Well idk if that's what it is but it has done a hard start twice today I can keep the ignition in the start position for just a bit longer than normal and it will lug-lug-lug-fire

Well idk if that's what it is but it has done a hard start twice today I can keep the ignition in the start position for just a bit longer than normal and it will lug-lug-lug-fire

Turns over slow then starts? or just turns over too long before it starts?

Just some info:

On our 2000 7.3 we used to have the stock center section of the oem turbo with a Banks exhaust housing and then an ATS compressor housing with different compressor wheel. Any time we got over about 950 the truck would feel hot and you could tell you shouldn't go any further.

We switched to a 38R ball bearing turbo which has a larger exhaust and compressor housing and flows a good bit more air. We can run up to about 1,100 on that turbo with very little heat feed back from the motor.