Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Sweet. I'm not really familiar with performance stuff on the older 7.3's. (Like Tabata's, not the early 00's like your old one).

My brother owns a diesel injection pump performance shop so I'm more in tune with the manual tuning. Learning about electronics though. My 6.4 has impressed me after minimal mods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Damn. 30 lbs with a 7.3 sounds like alot. I bet that's a pulling machine.

It is a lot. I try to stay low boost...20 max. I'm good with keeping an eye on gauges and rollin on n off throttle when towing. Need to make it from A to B and back lol

Damn. 30 lbs with a 7.3 sounds like alot. I bet that's a pulling machine.

That's what our 2000 runs. 30-32 lbs

Ours is on stock injectors and HPOP.

We have a 38R turbo, 4" exhaust, Banks intercooler, intake and custom dunes on a DP 6 position switch.

No dyno. Did have the custom tunes modded tho. Focus was on pure towing but level 4-5 tune the truck is quick. VERY quick. EGTs NEVER get over 1000 but maybe once. I can pull 12000 lbs up big grades Ez

Custom tunes makes a very big difference when trying to match to specific driving or towing conditions.

My brother in law is a 7.3 diehard and has been doing ours. He recently picked up the gizmos to do live tuning on the 7.3's and he can dial it in pretty quick now.

Learning the knowledge on how to tune to various mods is an art in itself.

I'm assuming those EGTS are just after the turbo?

It is a lot. I try to stay low boost...20 max. I'm good with keeping an eye on gauges and rollin on n off throttle when towing. Need to make it from A to B and back lol

They will hold up to 35 lbs very confidently without studs.

Brother in law has his turning 45 lbs with studs.

Only way to get a good reading.

I had my on the driver side manifold right before the up pipe.

Until the probe rots off and goes through your turbo. I never put them before the turbo. Seen them wipe out too many turbine wheels.

Until the probe rots off and goes through your turbo. I never put them before the turbo. Seen them wipe out too many turbine wheels.

On our 7.3 it's after the turbo.

On the 6.0 it's in the drivers side manifold. Might have to think about a post turbo setup.

I think on the 6.4 there is a factory unit in one of the manifolds.

On our 7.3 it's after the turbo.

On the 6.0 it's in the drivers side manifold. Might have to think about a post turbo setup.

I think on the 6.4 there is a factory unit in one of the manifolds.

Wasn't on mine. There's a back pressure sensor but that's a thing of the past now.

Where did you have room after the turbo. i could barely get my 4" pipe in. Doubtful there was room to put a probe. There was plenty of room and access to the drive side manifold.

I have a Banks Power Elbow and Banks 4" exhaust.

The elbow has a built in bung for the probe. Then the Banks exhaust is shorter then a typical aftermarket exhaust and marries up to the power elbow perfectly.