Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

You're forgetting the head gasket problems you gotta replace the head studs as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup it is a must

Eh, partial truth to this.

6.0 head bolts and gaskets will fail from an egr cooler failure/leak or from improper box tunes.

Egr cooler leaks allow coolant into the intake and the motor attempts to hydro lock, but the oem bolts stretch instead.

The early tunes added too much timing causing head lift/gasket failure.

Doing studs and gaskets is not a must do given the egr is removed and proper tuning used.

The oem gaskets are the best product available to use. Studs will certainly drastically reduce the chances of head lift unless extreme boost is achieved.

Eh, partial truth to this.

6.0 head bolts and gaskets will fail from an egr cooler failure/leak or from improper box tunes.

Egr cooler leaks allow coolant into the intake and the motor attempts to hydro lock, but the oem bolts stretch instead.

The early tunes added too much timing causing head lift/gasket failure.

Doing studs and gaskets is not a must do given the egr is removed and proper tuning used.

The oem gaskets are the best product available to use. Studs will certainly drastically reduce the chances of head lift unless extreme boost is achieved.

I know the issuies what you said is not false but a brand new truck should not have these issuies from the factory.

I know the issuies what you said is not false but a brand new truck should not have these issuies from the factory.

Agreed. They should not. There are a rare few that have no issues with numerous miles on them.

That being said, Ford and International were the first to try to become emissions compliant with the 6.0. They made mistakes with the emissions designs and unfortunately a lot of consumers had to deal with the issues.

All three have experienced emissions equipment issues though. Even the beloved Cummins.

Ya. I highly doubt an injector is causing that. Most likely the lift pump getting weak or fuel filter needing changed. I'd change the filter and see if it goes away.

You might have been right just changed the oil and fuel filter, fuel filter was BLACK and grimey

You might have been right just changed the oil and fuel filter, fuel filter was BLACK and grimey

Regardless of what anyone says, that fuel filter should be changed when you change oil.

That black stuff is what happens to fuel in these modern high pressure common rail systems. The high heat and extreme pressure basically burns some of the fuel just in the rail.

BG DFC+ fuel additive will solve that problem in the first tank. It's the ONLY stuff I recommend or use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk