Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm always late on these topics there are so many sections on this site! I'm just viewing this section for the first time right now, so I'll participate!! My daily driver/work truck/tow truck is my 2007 Silverado Classic with the LBZ motor. PPE HOT tune, MBRP turbo back, a bunch of other shit done.. I'm at 340,440 miles and it drives like the day I bought it!!! I LOVE this truck!

AEA54AE9-0891-495C-A3E8-EE16D5CDD39B_1.j

E189C1D7-ADED-49EA-9042-88EBD06C2E65_2.j

• Like 1

I'm always late on these topics there are so many sections on this site! I'm just viewing this section for the first time right now, so I'll participate!! My daily driver/work truck/tow truck is my 2007 Silverado Classic with the LBZ motor. PPE HOT tune, MBRP turbo back, a bunch of other shit done.. I'm at 340,440 miles and it drives like the day I bought it!!! I LOVE this truck! AEA54AE9-0891-495C-A3E8-EE16D5CDD39B_1.jE189C1D7-ADED-49EA-9042-88EBD06C2E65_2.j

OMG 340K !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes sir, I took this about 2 weeks ago! I have no doubt I'll go 500k miles!

ED180349-D308-4F5C-94A8-A8E3707259A5.jpg

Good for you! Love seeing people trying to get the most life out of them as they can instead of just trading up for new. My 24 valve is approaching the 300k mark and it's just getting started IMO.

Have you had any transmission or injector issues? What do you use for additives?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice, i just rebuilt  my NV5600.  If it starts making any noise go through it sooner rather than later.  They have a habit of wiping out the rear mainshaft bearing and breaking 6th gear when towed heavy.  You can help prevent the former by changing oil and overfilling by a quart when you refill.  Fill that last quart through the shift tower. 

• Like 1