How To Start A Cold Banshee Motor I.e Choke Etc

ninjamaster

what i do is put it in nutral and pull choke out all the way and kick it with no gas at all i dont know if yours will do this but mine will start to idle and i just give it a little gas to keep it runnin in tell its warm enough to idle

Pull choke out fully, no gas, and kick until it starts....Giving it gas will defeat the purpose of the choke..

That's my method to. By leaving the throttle closed, the vacuum created by the motor stays in the carbs to pull the fuel in. If you open the throttle the vacuum escapes through the air filter before it pulls the fuel in.

Indeed. General consensus is on almost every manual choke system is full choke untill it at least fires. And then half choke or less than full choke from there on out. Way to tell the difference if it needs half, or "less than full" is to decipher if it is in fact a choke system, or a setup like a banshee where it is a "fuel accelerator circuit". It doesn't "choke" the carbs of air to pull more fuel, it draws fuel DIRECT from the bowl. This is why there is an extra tube in the left carb bowl. That's where it draws the fuel from. And why there is a choke tube. Mine starts on the 2-3 kick, and I immediately put it to half choke if it is really cold, and off if it not really cold. Depends how it is runnign once it fires up. It shouldn't be too hard to fire up, as long as the systems are operating properly. If it is hard to fire up, than maybe you have the wrong bowl on the wrong carb...

i pull the choke out all the way give it 5-7 primer kicks then it starts the i go to half choke then to none and hold the gas just tiny bit.....then when my temp gague says 100 i take off....slow untill 120 then i can go

shane

• 9 years later...

Really, another how to start my bike thread. Well...... I just crack the throttle about half and give it a few real slow kicks with the choke if it hasn't been ran in a while. Then get the kicker to set up all the way up and give it a swift kick and it fires right up. But usually it fires first kick if it hasn't sat for a weeks