New Driveline Performance 68mm piston

I would think having windows in the pistons would help with flow but who knows,

if your refering to stock cylinders then i would think the windows are a benefit for sure. i would even bet money on it. however on something like a cub or other cp cylinders im doubting there would be a hell of alot of difference in power either way. mostly because it has large boyesen ports. maybe there would be a small difference but im thinking it wouldnt be much

we know for sure you dont need windows for long life of the wristpin bearings. windows couldnt hurt but arent necesarry

your starting to maybe grasp the concept i figured out....

i can take pictures of the bottom of both a windowed piston and a non windowed  i have both and both were ran in cheeta's  the windowless are about 6-7 years old and have about 9 million passes on them..  would be interesting to see?

i think so.  BUt it seems i have to make the boost ports HUGE>  on stockers i also left the stock intake almost stock size.  boost ports were the size of the stock intake windows and pointed in a way to aim the charge up the transfer instead of down.  i also had to move and raise the transfer bridge  a LOT.   IF i could get stocker style pistons with no intake windows i think it would work better..   so there it is.. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...