I got a message back from Jim, his frame is actually in the works as we speak. It sounds like his design is solid. The new frame he's having built kid being built from 100% mandrel bent chromoly and it uses a stock yfz subframe that's been modded for the banshee seat and plastic.

Zilla, he told me he had 3D CAD models and the prints I had were generic renderings but he didn't come off of anything but these two pictures comparing the two frames. He said the fabricator he's using wanted the 3D CAD models, prints, and both frames present in order to build the hybrid frame.

I brought up tabbing a yfzr frame for banshee plastic and modifying the motor mounts. He said the YFZ cradle geometry was symmetrical and the chassis balance from left to right would be off.

http://s292.photobucket.com/user/james_taylor20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpseub4ftwc.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/james_taylor20/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpseub4ftwc.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

http://s292.photobucket.com/user/james_taylor20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4fwbdwln.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/james_taylor20/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4fwbdwln.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

When Thacker provide solid proof that this build is actually under way, then, maaaybe he will have a miniscule amount of credibility. Maybe...

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

Whoever did that frame used all the stock frame parts and modified them. The front rails were pied and bent in together right after the stock shock mounts. You can see the bumper mount holes also. And all the Aarm tabs are all stock. So he used all the stock lower rails and upper Aarm rails.And by the location of steering bearing, bet it has crazy bump steer.

Yep, pretty much just sandwiched it and raked it on the one we did like that. Steering stem mount was moved and some spindle work helped.

Yes locogato I told him, said you banned him from HQ. Im assuming you two aren't riding buddy's. From the looks of it he doesn't have any buddy's period much less any he can ride with. Lol

He's been nothing but nice to me so far. s far as that crank goes you guys are bull shitting me right? He didn't try to pass a buffed Wangchung crank off as a billet crank!

You guys almost had me convinced his frame would never come to be and the dude was clueless until I looked through some of his pictures on fb. Did you guys see that mini he built for one of his kids? It is sick, my brother bought the same quad atv at a yard sale for $250. We planned on upgrading everything but nobody made anything for the chinese quads. The suspension he designed and built for that thing is crazy! I think he built a mini frame and suspension that has kfx400 geometry. If he could do that his new Banshee hybrid frame won't be a problem.

image_zps6lxdhz6q.jpg

image_zps2lxdosad.jpg

image_zps93x0n3em.jpg

image_zps4pmotsmg.jpg

LSR was cool with doing 3 frames minimum but it seemed everyone wanted an updated yfzr version. Would be nice if they would at least update for better pipe and carb intake choices on the 250 geo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He's got all the CAD prints he did on that mini frame on his fb page. It looks like he's using the same software to design his banshee frame that he used to design the frame, lt a arms, and lt swingarm for that mini on. He told me he's put a team of guys together to build his new hybrid frame. He's got two different machine shops, and a shop that does heat treating and powder coating working together with him and the chassis fabricator to get the frame he designed built right.

He told me he had altered the original prints he posted on the internet a while back. The frame he's building is three separate pieces like the raptor 700R frame. You guys will have to give the guy this, if he's not full of crap and he does get the frame he designed built he will have one sweet shee.

I've sent emails to several big name suspension and shock manufactures to see how much rear suspension travel you can get out of a banshee using a aftermarket rear shock and swingarm with the stock banshee rear linkage. Jim says 10.94 (11) inches and zilla says it's not possible without the elka long travel rear link. I'm anxious to see who is right because that can make or break his design.

image_zpsuri3xndw.jpg

image_zpsx6n0tdl5.jpg

He's got all the CAD prints he did on that mini frame on his fb page. It looks like he's using the same software to design his banshee frame that he used to design the frame, lt a arms, and lt swingarm for that mini on. He told me he's put a team of guys together to build his new hybrid frame. He's got two different machine shops, and a shop that does heat treating and powder coating working together with him and the chassis fabricator to get the frame he designed built right.

He told me he had altered the original prints he posted on the internet a while back. The frame he's building is three separate pieces like the raptor 700R frame. You guys will have to give the guy this, if he's not full of crap and he does get the frame he designed built he will have one sweet shee.

I've sent emails to several big name suspension and shock manufactures to see how much rear suspension travel you can get out of a banshee using a aftermarket rear shock and swingarm with the stock banshee rear linkage. Jim says 10.94 (11) inches and zilla says it's not possible without the elka long travel rear link. I'm anxious to see who is right because that can make or break his design.

image_zpsuri3xndw.jpg

image_zpsx6n0tdl5.jpg

Not sure why you would go to all this work and use a banshee oem rear. It's not all about travel. Leverage ratios of the linkage play a huge role in the performance. Banshee geo is very limited in this department

• Like 1

Not sure why you would go to all this work and use a banshee oem rear. It's not all about travel. Leverage ratios of the linkage play a huge role in the performance. Banshee geo is very limited in this department

More truth ^^^