Kryptonite Lock

trickedcarbine

With the recent theft topic, I figured I'd put a post up about some of the baddest locks and chains you can get to lock your stuff up.

https://www.kryptonitelock.com/Pages/ATVUTVLockup.aspx

Saved my bike a few months ago even after the lock on the door was chopped with a grinder. Came home Saw the shed doors open and my nuts sank to my stomach. I looked in and there was the quad. They obviously spent time messing with the chain set up but were clueless as to what that had in their hands. We can't always be home to put a weapon in someone's mouth when the thieves want our Stuff. So lock it up. Good.....

Locks and chains only slow them down so much. When my plasma cutter/torches portaband etc are 5 feet from the bikes i feel its kinda pointless. The best protection is living in a good area with good neighbors. And dont advertise what you have. Keep it out of sight.

locking them up can never hurt.  If a thief is hellbent on getting it yes they will, but that is a very specific type of thief.  It seems most thefts around here are tweakers or scrappers looking for a quick score.  Too much effort and they will move on.

Locks and chains only slow them down so much. When my plasma cutter/torches portaband etc are 5 feet from the bikes i feel its kinda pointless. The best protection is living in a good area with good neighbors. And dont advertise what you have. Keep it out of sight.

Exactly!!! Mine are never proudly displayed for everyone to see. Always hidden.. I used to live in a meth/pot head town & I would go riding every weekend & people took notice when they were on the trailer. 2am one morning & this mexican dude with a pitbull were trying to break into my garage, I ran out front cause I heard him & was about ready to yell at him, but he jumped in his car so fast & burned rubber outa there.

That sucks. I'm desperate to just move ou to the stix! My buddy has a shitty 12x12 with 2 Honda dirt bikes, mint 400ex, 2013 zx1000, skidoo rev800 ho, and a ton of parts and shit. The side of it is wide open where he pulled a panel off and built an awning. No worries what so ever.......

I'm to paranoid for that shit.

I have a pretty stout padlock I lock my bike up with. I got to a track one day and had the quad locked to my roof rack since I left it in my truck the night before. I had forgotten the key at home.

The track owner had a sawzall with a metal blade and it would't even scratch the lock. We cut through the cable easy enough, but that lock seems tough. I cant remember which shlage it is, Ill look when I get home.

Make sure you bring a good lock to LS .