Wrong about the YFZR being the first race ready quad. Also wrong about keeping it stock and being competitive at a pro level. The pros spends thousands more in suspension, then thousands in the engine. Those quads are barely stock.

The cannondale was the first race ready quad ever built. The LTR450 was race ready and built before the yfzr. The KTM SX came out the same year as the YFZR and was more race ready (has nerf bars)

I'm talking about "True Long Travel Front/Rear Suspension" you jack ass! Any ATV Manufacture can claim they are selling a "race ready" sport quad out of the box, but its only a claim. The LTR-450 has decent suspension geometry but it was and still is the heaviest 450 sport quad ever built. The Austrian made KTM was a JOKE, the 450cc four stroke was a ticking time bomb that was weak in comparison to it Japanese competitors. If the KTM-450SX and the Suzuki LTR-450 were so good out of the box why can't I buy 2014 model of the show room floor today?

Suzuki stopped production on the LTR-450 because Yamaha and Honda were selling five 450's to one LTR. The KTM 450SX was such a over priced disappointment with its inadequate 4-Stroke motor that has four plastic oil pumps KTM stopped importing them to the US and went back to the drawing board.

I can't really say much about the Cannondale Sport Quad because I've never had any experanace or even seen one in the US, and I'm willing to bet you haven't either. It's up to you, if you want to keep this shit up and continue to be a key board thug I can post a web link to the 2009 YFZ-450R test article written by a independent party that confirms everything I said in my previous post and school you like I did with the specific metal thermal conductivity chart a few weeks ago, or..... You can shut your mouth and stop talking shit on every thread or post associated with me. Personally I would rather not derail this thread to talk about what 4-Stroke Quads were really "race ready" that proved it with racing success and unit sales VS false "race ready" claims that resulted in those particular models not being produced and sold in the United States today.

Please don't comment on anything associated with me. I've yet to see a response that you've contributed that's been helpful. Until you bring your ass to Ky and beat my Banshee in any form of riding, racing, or even visual appearance, and we both know that's never going to happen! Keep your mouth shut and quit cyber stalking me.

• Like 1

That's what I wanna know. And a fan too? If your jetting is right I don't see too much of a overheating issue

A 12V Fan would great thing to have on a Banshee. Any true trail rider or XC racer will tell over heating is a a big issue with the Banshee. I had DK Goodrich put a wide band on my stock cylinder motor and and help me tune it and I still over heated the motor, blew the coolant out, fried the rings, and seized a piston trying to finish a amateur C class hare scramble in Tennessee. I had every cooling upgrade/mod available for the Banshee (Cool Head, Silicone Hoses, Oversize Aluminum Radiator, High Pressure Radiator Cap, In-Line Coolers, Billet Impeller, Billet Water Pump Gear, ATV Engine Ice w/Additive, and TWO2COOL RTL-2 in the Transmission). After I built the 392cc Trail Ported Serval the hottest I've ever seen it get is 187 degrees, but IMO a 12V Radiator Fan option would be a great thing to have for trail and XC situations.

If your modding a Frame or building a custom frame why not take that little bit of extra time to make the room needed for a 12V fan?

The motor I'm having built in a recreational race/trail/play motor that runs off a 32:1 100LL Pre-Mix and it should produce 120-125hp and 65-70ft/lb according to the engine builder that's also a BHQ site sponsor. The only reason I'm not giving all the details on it and the builder is because of members like Zilla that don't have much more than a stock ported motor and a set of 1980's Works Shocks that run their mouth and talk shit about everything associated with me.

Tyler I don't care to give you all the details, I've already told Speinklerman on a PM. I just don't want a shit storm of shit talking to take place and generate negative publicity for the guy that's building my motor simply because some members want to run me into the ground.

The LTR-450 was discontinued because the EPA was suing the pants off of Suzuki due to the easy access plug in Cherry Bomb design.

Not due to a lack of sales compared to the competition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That EPA admissions talk was a excuse for poor sales. Are you going to tell me Suzuki couldn't work with their tuning and exhaust system on a fuel injected sport quad and make it meet admission laws that the Chinese ATV Manufactures meet with a carbureted 107cc 4-Stroke motor thats based off a Honda motor designed in the early 80's? I think not, you could still by a 2010 LTR-450 off the dealer floor in 2012 and most of 2014. Suzuki didn't try to fix their admission issues because their quads weren't selling.

Tyler I don't care to give you all the details, I've already told Speinklerman on a PM. I just don't want a shit storm of shit talking to take place and generate negative publicity for the guy that's building my motor simply because some members .

You should at least put out there what your building IMO. It's nothing weird or unconventional. Maybe not all the details ..but at least the CC. That way people won't think you're build some weird off the wall thing...plus it'll make for good conversations at the HQ ride.

...but that's just my opinion.

You should at least put out there what your building IMO. It's nothing weird or unconventional. Maybe not all the details ..but at least the CC. That way people won't think you're build some weird off the wall thing...plus it'll make for good conversations at the HQ ride.

...but that's just my opinion.

Okay Sprinkler.

I want you guys to remember I'm a trail rider and my Banshee is my recreational rider and race quad. This quad is not a "drag quad" I don't dune or hill shoot either. I just wanted a good fast reliable Banshee that rides and handles good that I can play on and obliterate the 4-Stroke's I ride with in the river bottoms. Everything in/on the motor is the best stuff available and a lot of the components I went with you guys will consider to be over kill but I spent that additional money to insure maximum performance, ridability, and reliability. I decided to keep the stock cases do to the additional weight (20lbs) they add to total weight of the quad. If the stock cases don't hold up for some reason I'll buy a set of trenched Mattoon Billet Cases and transplant everything over on to them but I don't expect to have any issues.

I'm having a 535cc (64mm X 73mm) Aggressive Trail Ported Power Valve Cheetah built on a set of upgraded/modified and powder coated stock cases. This motor is setup for a 100LL 32:1 Pre-Mix and the exhaust is custom set of custom made Big Bore In-Frame Pipes made/matched to my motor specifically and my riding style. It will be fed by two New 38mm Keihin PWK Air Striker Carburetors w/ the Intelajet Fuel Induction System & Chariot Oversize Billet Fuel Bowls.

I will be tuning this motor based off the RPMs and EGTs. Before you guys even ask, Trinity has absolutely nothing to do with building this motor.

A 12V Fan would great thing to have on a Banshee. Any true trail rider or XC racer will tell over heating is a a big issue with the Banshee. I had DK Goodrich put a wide band on my stock cylinder motor and and help me tune it and I still over heated the motor, blew the coolant out, fried the rings, and seized a piston trying to finish a amateur C class hare scramble in Tennessee. I had every cooling upgrade/mod available for the Banshee (Cool Head, Silicone Hoses, Oversize Aluminum Radiator, High Pressure Radiator Cap, In-Line Coolers, Billet Impeller, Billet Water Pump Gear, ATV Engine Ice w/Additive, and TWO2COOL RTL-2 in the Transmission). After I built the 392cc Trail Ported Serval the hottest I've ever seen it get is 187 degrees, but IMO a 12V Radiator Fan option would be a great thing to have for trail and XC situations.

If your modding a Frame or building a custom frame why not take that little bit of extra time to make the room needed for a 12V fan?

The motor I'm having built in a recreational race/trail/play motor that runs off a 32:1 100LL Pre-Mix and it should produce 120-125hp and 65-70ft/lb according to the engine builder that's also a BHQ site sponsor. The only reason I'm not giving all the details on it and the builder is because of members like Zilla that don't have much more than a stock ported motor and a set of 1980's Works Shocks that run their mouth and talk shit about everything associated with me.

Tyler I don't care to give you all the details, I've already told Speinklerman on a PM. I just don't want a shit storm of shit talking to take place and generate negative publicity for the guy that's building my motor simply because some members want to run me into the ground.

Not saying the fan isn't a good idea. If I could fit a fan right by my radiator I would for sure. My 10dm on 110 leaded, 41pwks ,bbif shearers made right around 123hp 70 trq. What kind of pipes are you going to run? Should be interesting to see your graph on a Dyno when the motor is done
  • Like 1

Nick really doesn't know shit.... He's just a kid that regurgitates google searches, and everyone elses talking points.... Jim, your best bet is to NOT respond to any of his posts.... If he's ignored he'll go away...

• Like 1

Not saying the fan isn't a good idea. If I could fit a fan right by my radiator I would for sure. My 10dm on 110 leaded, 41pwks ,bbif shearers made right around 123hp 70 trq. What kind of pipes are you going to run? Should be interesting to see your graph on a Dyno when the motor is done

The guy that's building the exhaust has ask me not to advertise it because he doesn't want to be bombarded with emails and phone calls, so that's one thing I have to keep a secret because he has ask me to. The Engine Builder and the Pipe Builder have been working together to match the motor and the custom big bore exhaust from the beginning and I feel like the pipes will be one of the major components that sets my build apart from the other 535 Cheetah's that have been built.

That 10 mil DM sounds like a nasty motor and your hp and tq numbers are very impressive. After the motor is complete and I get it tuned in and broke in I'll post a acetate build sheet and dyno chart.

As far as Nick is concerned I'm ignoring him, he try's his damnedest to derail every thread with some sort of bull shit.

[quote name="ZillaFreak" post=" The lt450r has a dry weight of 468lbs, yfzr450 is 405wet. So how is the lt heavy?

By the time you add the 2.6 gallons of fuel, 2qts of oil, and a half gallon of coolant to the dry weight you can add about 30 pounds to the 468lb LTR-450 its pushing close to 500lbs wet. YFZR = 405 wet, LTR = 500lbs wet. Since when is a extra 95-100lbs no big deal? A 500lb Sport Quad is a tank.