He is serioulsy trying to derail this thread.  I never see him contributing to threads.  Mostly telling people they are dumb and wrong.  Im assuming he might tell me i'm wrong....And "clueless" for thinking that.  I only ride dunes so im just following this thread for the good read.  Always wanted a custom dune frame, But im not on that level yet. Would be cool to see this custom build make it to the finish line.  GLWB.

• Like 1

That is a typo, it is 368lbs. So wet weight is around 400-410lbs.

I'm suprised ^he^ types numbers AND letters.... I was under the impression he could only say "Sloth love Chunk."

I think if this is what you truly want to do then you should stop arguing and build the god damn thing...no sense getting upset about input you asked for...your bike...do it how ya want regardless of what anyone says...all our bikes would look the same if no one ever stepped off the beaten path....

+6 for trail riding is just shity to begin with...  I can see running  a +2 to +4 at MOST but even then....

I might not have a "huge" build but was still managing a -1 on a 10 cub for the brief period I rode it so far... I didnt drive it like an idiot going WOT or smashing the throttle either thats for damn sure...

Custom frame sure its cool and has a lot of perks.. but dont go expecting a dune style frame (which there is 1452312312 different styles out there right now) to do just as good in tight woods trails and ride over rough terrain as youve put it in the past. 

sure big builds are fun in dunes.. but sure as hell their pretty damn useless in tight trails... you will never even get close to hitting high hp unless you hit a good straight... which in turn your going to eat shit flying through a tight straight in the bush...

I was wanting to go with a +4 to +6 Heavy Duty Arched Latter Swingarm on this new build because I was thinking I would need it to keep the rear tires planted and the nose down. ^^ This is the type of constructive criticism and input I was hoping I'd get when I decided to post this thread. My Banshee is a trail quad and a recreational racer and rider, so a +6 might be to much for the woods. With my MTF YFZX Hybrid Suspension I'm running now my front suspension geometry (NOT FRAME GEOMETRY" is matched to a 2011 YFZ-450X, believe it or not the upper front shock mounting bracket is placed at the same exact height in both frames. My currant suspension and stock frame uses 2011 YFZ-450X Foot Pegs, Shocks, Aluminum Spindles, Hubs, Twin Piston Brakes, Steering Stem Flag, ect my front end measures out 47" from outside to outside, and I run a +3 MTF Oval Tube Heavy Duty XC Roundhouse Swingarm. With the YFZX front Suspension Components and the MTF Custom A-Arms my Banshee has a tighter turning radius than it did in stock form even with the +3 Swingarm. I was thinking if I went with a +6 Swingarm I'd still have a tight turning radius do to YFZR/X geometry.

I have found a longer wider quad handles and rides better than a shorter narrower quad to a extent. After reading your post I think your right. A +4 Arched Latter would be as long as I'd want to go for the type of riding I do and be a lot better jumper.

You truly are clueless. I have seen many cannondales, actually had one. So again, you are clueless. The lt450r has a dry weight of 368lbs, yfzr450 is 405wet. So how is the lt heavy? The ltr has 10/10.9 vs the yfzr 9.8/11. Again how isn't it long travel? You should really know what you are talking about before you talk. YYou spew so much stupid and have been proven wrong many times.

image_zps909df047.jpg

When the 450cc race quads started to hit the dealerships in 2004 all the manufactures claimed their 450 was a true "race ready" sport quad that could be bought off the dealerships show room floor and raced, our test riders quickly found that those claims were far from the truth on all four 450cc race quads. Until Yamaha released the YFZ-450R in 2009 the LTR450 was the only production sport quad produced by the four big manufactures that we considered to be anywhere near a "race ready" machine avalable on the market for MX racers. With Yamaha's introduction of long travel YFZ-450R and their complete performance line of Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing "GYTR" products that include a Plug'n Play Programmer, CNC Ported GYTR Head, High Compression Forged Piston, Webcam & upgraded Spring Kit, Full Exhaust System, High Flow Air Filter, as well as a huge selection of external chassis and body upgrades like Nerfbars, Chain, Sprockets, Full Body Skid Plates, Bumpers, Grab Bars, ect.

Yamaha's new YFZ-450R is the only sport quad/ATV in the 450cc four stroke class that the rider or racer can truly buy and excessorize at a dealership and back off the trailer as a true competitor. We hope that we see the other three 450cc sport quad manufactures follow Yamaha's lead with model upgrades and improvements and a full line of optional factory engine performance upgrades that can be installed at the dealership without voiding any factory warranty.

That was a article caption that was written about the 450cc Sport Quad's after Yamaha released the 450R and X and the writer in the article above made this statement...... "For all of us that have been waiting for long-travel straight from the factory, here it is!"

If the LTR-450 was equipped with "Long Travel" Suspension in 2006 why does every write up and article on the YFZ-450R boast that its the first 450cc quad produced that can actually be concidered "race ready" with true front and rear long travel suspension from the factory?

I don't want to continue to talk shit and argue over stuff that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I think a Banshee frame that utilizes the Yamaha's newest elite race quad front suspension and frame geometry will adhere to style of riding and racing better than any aftermarket or custom frame that's been made available for the Banshee so far. I've rode the R and the X and although I wasn't impressed or enthused by the four stroke power plant the new 450's ride and handling capabilities were far suppiorior to any other sport quad I've ever riden. Yamaha invested 3.5 times more money on the research and development of the YFZR than they did on all the other 2009 Yamaha ATV models in their line up combined, I don't see how me utilizing the money and time they invested to develop the R and X make me clueless? Would it make more since to you to if I based the frame geometry off some other older less advanced quad or tried to come up with my own frame geometry based off theories and untested unproven ideas and designs?

From here on out I'm refusing to acknowledge or reply to any of your useless unneeded replys that you throw out there in a attempt to get others to jump on the bashing wagon with you or with hopes you can derail my thread. If your making a legitimate point or offering up some sort of valid or useful input I will respond. I'm going to ignore all other attempts made to start shit or discredit me in any way.

• Like 1

Okay I have a question. If these shocks are so good and "elite race quad suspension" (your words)

Why are ALL of the pros running fox,pep,axis houser what ever else aftermarket products?

Don't say sponsorship. I don't buy that

The Stock 450R and X Shocks are great shocks are far as OEM shocks go but their no where near as good as a Fox Float Evol-X/Podium or Elka Setup. The pro's use aftermarket shocks because they out perform the shocks the quads come equipped with from the factory, there's no doubt about that.

When I said the 450R was the elite I was referring to the YFZ-450R's Frame and Suspension Geometry and Design, not the YFZR's factory suspension components themselves. IMO the R or the X Shocks perform great on the Banshee that has a stock unmodified frame, I think they work just as well if not better than some (NOT ALL) aftermarket Banshee Shocks because the Banshee's ride and handling is restricted by its old, out dated, heavy frame that that has bad geometry. After the Banshee's poor frame geometry is addressed and altered it opens up a whole new world of upgraded aftermarket shock possibilities that have many advantages over the the stock OEM 450R and X Shocks.

Look at it this way I have a Z28 Camaro and a Z06 Corvette, I love my Z28 and its fun to drive but it won't handle perform as well as a Z06 regardless of how much money I spend or the amount of upgrades I do to the suspension. GM spent millions of dollars making the Z06 as light as possible and keep the rear tires planted under hard acceleration. Can you upgrade and make the Z06 suspension perform better than it does in stock form? Sure, but the only way I'll ever make the Z28 Camaro handle as good as a Z06 Corvette is to transplant the Camaro body over onto the Corvette chassis. The amount of money GM invested in the four wheel independent suspension through R&D will never be matched by the traditional straight axle GM uses on the Camaro. The same comparison can be made between the Banshee and the 2009+ YFZ-450R.

Edited by Thack82

Okay I have a question. If these shocks are so good and "elite race quad suspension" (your words)

Why are ALL of the pros running fox,pep,axis houser what ever else aftermarket products?

Don't say sponsorship. I don't buy that

I hope that helps clear things up. It's not the OE YFZR suspension components I'm wanting its the YFZR's frame and suspension geometry and layout.

I hope that helps clear things up. It's not the OE YFZR suspension components I'm wanting its the YFZR's frame and suspension geometry and layout.

Got it. Because you keep referring to the shocks all the time, so I'm just wondering why after all this your still going to use oem shocks when there are known proven better names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it. Because you keep referring to the shocks all the time, so I'm just wondering why after all this your still going to use oem shocks when there are known proven better names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can get this hybrid frame I plan on running YFZ-450X Fox Float Evol-X Front Shocks, a aftermarket Banshee Long Travel Rear Shock Linkage, and a Fox Podium Rear Shock with dual rate springs.

I think your intentions are good, but it is going to be very tough to find a quality, professional frame builder who is willing to take this on and have it come out at a cost to you that is reasonable.

I would urge you to look further into a Laegers Pro-Trax or an LSR Outlaw chassis setup.  Both can still be purchased new too. 

You could spend the time to try to learn how do build it yourself, especially since you have a claimed close relationship with a machine/fab shop already.  But you will be in for a long and grueling challenge.  Evan, THE358BANSH, has been the only one on here to go down this road even close to successfully and he still has not completed his build.  Evan has his crap together too and knows his stuff, extremely well.  There are more challenges to doing this right than what most would perceive.

I built a Laegers Pro-Trax bike in 2008.  Was it expensive, YES.  Well worth the expense and effort though.  There is a night and day difference from a stock chassis to mine. 

You have to know that even with purchasing a bike that was built in a jig, things still don't fit 100% like oem and a lot of stuff had to be modified or massaged into place.

I understand your thoughts on building something that will use modern and readily available a-arms, swing arms, shocks, ect.  This does make good sense.  I have been told the an LSR Outlaw chassis uses 250R replica components, so you could use other vendors suspension and not just LSR's.  Again this is what I have been told, I don't know this for 100% certain.

People on here would dog you a whole lot less if you didn't come across as bi-polar and off your meds from time to time.  You do have some good ideas and thoughts, but every once in awhile you go out into left field and just keep running...