Shearer Pipe Mounting question

New to the forum and if this has been asked I apologize upfront. I just picket up a banshee( first ever and first quad for this long time MX'er) this quad has the 421 Cheetah cub kit and Shearer Pipes. I zipped down the road the other day and when I got back I noticed some black oil spots on my left leg and on the left rear fender. Upon closer inspection I found the left Shearer pipe fits somewhat loose on the cylinder. Looking over the mounts the shearer pipe doesn't utilize the bottom mount where it appears that you would have the rubber mount for a pipe. So, all that holds the pipe on is the 2 pipe springs and the stinger. I do have a slick pipe to stinger clamp. The shearer pipe is moving where it mates to the cylinder. So, whats the quick fix on this. New pipe springs, O-Rings, and a bunch of red silicone?

Definitely new o rings and springs. Are they not mounted on the top of the expansion chamber like loco mentioned? There is supposed to be upper mounts like 8" from the headlight mounts. They may need a touch of shimming with washers to not hit the head on the left side. Also get everything loosely mounted together and tweak it to where it should be then torque it tight.

I called shearer about a similar problem. .. he told me to red silicone them on...I laughed,.. really? Yup..... so I never did it... this spring I cleaned the exhaust flanged and pipe RED siliconed them on.... and it worked Awsome. . For 3 trips. . Now I need to redo it ..but its well worth it

It's strange. The right side pipe fits snug and tight. No issues. Left side is just a little loose. I'm going to tinker with it the next time I have some day's off. I will say that this quad is a rocketship and this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I have some plans for the quad if I don't make myself sale it. LOL

• Like 1

Seriously? Red silicone? That's ghetto as fuck. I guess just fixing the issue with the pipes is out of the question huh?

Not to steal this guys thread ... but every drag pipe I have used has leaked at the flange and puts exhaust oil on my cases and pipes. I laughed also but, ill use red silicone every time now.... ps this it as full drag build. 421cc ...

Not to steal this guys thread ... but every drag pipe I have used has leaked at the flange and puts exhaust oil on my cases and pipes. I laughed also but, ill use red silicone every time now.... ps this it as full drag build. 421cc ...

The dual o-ring flanges on our DMs leak a very minimal amount of oil out of them.. I mean, it's hardly anything and certainly not worth putting any red shit all over.

Maybe a set of flanges would help your problem? I'm not sure if you can get dual o-ring flanges for different size motors or only the DMs.

Maybe a set of flanges would help your problem? I'm not sure if you can get dual o-ring flanges for different size motors or only the DMs.

does a site sponsor make said flanges

Edited by m671054