Shearer Pipe Mounting question

My shearer small bores leaked from the orings right out of the box.. All i did was ordered 4 OEM orings. They are bigger then the ones that shearer uses. I took some emery cloth and sanded them to fit snuggly into the flanges.. (They will not fit w/o sanding) No more leaks and no messy sealer.

I'll check out the dual flanges. Might see if I can get some thicker high temp o rings in the mean time. 

Cub cylinders don't have a removable flange. You might be out of luck with yours.

The DM cylinders have a bolt on flange that can be swapped out.

My shearer small bores leaked from the orings right out of the box.. All i did was ordered 4 OEM orings. They are bigger then the ones that shearer uses. I took some emery cloth and sanded them to fit snuggly into the flanges.. (They will not fit w/o sanding) No more leaks and no messy sealer.

U sanded the rubber orings ?... very good idea ...

Cub cylinders don't have a removable flange. You might be out of luck with yours.

The DM cylinders have a bolt on flange that can be swapped out.

i wasnt positive on that either. Some banshee based pipes are dual or single oring. I thought you were refering to the flange on the pipe being dual oring. You had mentioned cutting the flanges off and welding new on in another thread hence the confusion. Glad you cleared that up.

^^^ goop the cylinder exhaust bosses.

If you put a glob of silicone IN the pipe it will get pushed and scraped by the cylinder as you mount the pipe. You could end up with a balled up blob sitting IN your pipe or end up with a ring of silicone at the edge of the exhaust that narrows the pipe size.

I use quality RED RTV sealant on ALL my pipes. (FMF thru SHEARER. They all get it.)

Just wipe off excess before it sets up.

No one said it was hard. I'm saying that's fucking stupid. What's the point of the o-rings then?

The problem is that some pipe builders build junk and refuse to upgrade their products.

I can tell you my LED fit perfectly and the flanges are nice and snug on my exhaust flanges.

Sorry I'd rather have pipes that fit correctly and not have to put ghetto red silicone on them every three trips. Have fun with that!

My friend has LEDs on his cub... ill see if his leak... ill get pics. .. it will Take a week or so. Hope tyler don't have to eat your own words :)

I won't because mine are good. When I said minimal, that's what I meant. I've seen exhaust spewing shit out all over the place. Mine doesn't do that. And if it did, I would figure out a real fix instead of smearing red ghetto shit all over it.

My CPI seal right up. If it leaks I change the oring. No silicone. I had an OLD set of LRD that didn't even have oring grooves. It was just the pipe expanded. Called Arlen he said to use red silicone. Same shit I used on the adjustable expansion chamber.

Oh and for the record, my Shearers didn't leak bad either. I think it has to do more with the dual o-ring flange though. Most of the regular cast on flanges I see leak like a motherfucker. I just don't see how hard it is for pipe manufacturers to use the right size flange and o-ring to eliminate the problem.

I bought some Square Viton Orings to help seal up the pipes and so far the leak has dropped alot.....still leaks alittle but nothing like before.

• Like 1