465, 472 or 521 serval?

wyoBASE

This was the first super serval I did. I told Ragun Cajun only way i'd do it is if it was if I could take my time and use an unplated cylinder. It took a few months(4-6)  to do it. I gave him a break on labor and parts. He was open to my suggestions and never rushed me. I took the cylinder off on the dyno and made changes a couple times with great results. These builds are fun when its new and something different. It is a combo that needs to be built with the correct parts not off BHQ classifieds. Yeah it costs more but the end results were an amazing mtr combo. Thanks Cody for the build.

• Like 1

Cameron, you gave me a HUGE break on labor sir. Let's not forget i sent you an old trans that had sat for years and a dirty blown motor i rushed to get sent off. He didnt have to do that and i was prepared to pay more. He went beyond for me. As for the time frame it took, that was agreed on before and i dont find it took too long. There were parts that had trouble getting in from his vendors out of his control. The super serval cylinders had to be custom made and that took the most time. Again, out of redline's control. There's also stuff life the custom cool head i wanted that took time. That's something i wanted that added time. This was a new build/combo never done so there can be set backs. It would of been wrong for me to rush the builder. Plus it didnt take too long. Every thing worked out great.

The time was taken to explain me what parts it takes to properly build a 10mil and even step it up to a big bore since i knew nothing at all about it. My questions were always answered before during and after the build. That's exactly how a builder should do it. Also my custom pipes and other stuff i got with the engine to complete set up arrived in a timely fashion. It was my pleasure having this build done. Hopefully people who are looking for the next step over the 465 serval can use the info you learned from my build to build their own 521 or whatever they want. Also a special thanks to the owner of the 465 posted on sharing his build info to better help me select which engine i wanted to do.

• Like 1

welp that solves it for me.  unless you have 4-6 months of dyno and porting/ setup time they dont run for shit.  ( probably because unlike the 421 cub, they are not pretty damn close right out the box...)

soooooooo..  if your considering a larger than 421 cub  you are best ro use redline.. OR another builder that can post similar dyno sheets...  ( uh huh,..)

• 3 months later...

I always say to build the biggest motor you can afford to build two of.

In the event of a catastrophic disaster, you could very well spend the same money fixing it.

Chances are you won't blow up the crank, wreck the Nikasil, destroy the pistons and domes, but if you do it's going to be expensive.

• 10 months later...

Cameron, you gave me a HUGE break on labor sir. Let's not forget i sent you an old trans that had sat for years and a dirty blown motor i rushed to get sent off. He didnt have to do that and i was prepared to pay more. He went beyond for me. As for the time frame it took, that was agreed on before and i dont find it took too long. There were parts that had trouble getting in from his vendors out of his control. The super serval cylinders had to be custom made and that took the most time. Again, out of redline's control. There's also stuff life the custom cool head i wanted that took time. That's something i wanted that added time. This was a new build/combo never done so there can be set backs. It would of been wrong for me to rush the builder. Plus it didnt take too long. Every thing worked out great.

The time was taken to explain me what parts it takes to properly build a 10mil and even step it up to a big bore since i knew nothing at all about it. My questions were always answered before during and after the build. That's exactly how a builder should do it. Also my custom pipes and other stuff i got with the engine to complete set up arrived in a timely fashion. It was my pleasure having this build done. Hopefully people who are looking for the next step over the 465 serval can use the info you learned from my build to build their own 521 or whatever they want. Also a special thanks to the owner of the 465 posted on sharing his build info to better help me select which engine i wanted to do.

Can you elaborate on the custom cool head?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. I barely come here but that's about to change for good reasons.

I wanted an anodized black cool head with no logos. They took a little more time to do since it had to be sent out i believe. No big deal. Came out great though!

It's not like i had special mill work done to change the cosmetic design of it. i hope i didnt lead anyone into thinking that. As for the domes etc, that was all up to the builder. Goal was reliable broad pump gas power. not fancy peak dyno numbers.

Edited by RagunCajun

• 2 months later...

This thread is what made me decide to do a super serval 10mill, and talking to Cam about the groupies that an engine like this will attract. But thats a different topic in general.  The plan at this moment (subject to Cams whims) are 39s for carbs, BB snipers, 10mill billet, and race gas.  It'll just be a sand bike.  This should be interesting on a +6 swing arm.    :)

• Like 1