465, 472 or 521 serval?

wyoBASE

Well I'm definitely leaning towards the 521 serval. I don't mind if it costs a little extra to build, I just want the best performing package for what i'm looking for. Now on some of the other threads I've read most serval builds seem to running pump gas setups. Is there any particular reason for this besides of the cost of race fuel/AV gas and a slight gain in reliability? I would be interested in going a little more aggressive on my dome and compression if I can get a "worth it" gain in torque.  

Servals are more geared for dune/trail setups. Race fuel is quite expensive to be out "joy riding".your talking 10-15dollars a gallon for most race fuels, or 4dollar a gallon for pump. If ya dont mind me asking, what is your current motor? Have you ever ridden a bike that makes over a 100hp and close to 60tq? For a true dunner, that will be a handful!

If I go the more aggressive route ill set it up for running on AV gas. AV gas is a awesome fuel and wouldn't think twice about running it instead of race fuel. I'm very well aware of what its like to ride 100+ hp banshees. Like I said in my previous post i've been out of the banshee game for a few years and my last banshee was a K&T 10mil cub on alky.. full hill drag setup. I'm also an avid backcountry snowmobiler and I ride a 2013 Polaris pro rmk with a Vohk performance boondocker turbo running 11lbs of boost making roughly 265hp at 10,000' elevation on 50/50 Avgas & pump 91. I would rather run pump fuel and have better torque then to run AV and make more top end hp and loose low end torque. Redline do you think a different choice in pipe on race fuel would change those numbers around for more torque and a little less on the hp??

man most supers i have been around were pretty slow i felt  and blew the head off all the time.  i'm sure that has been ironed out. 

the reason you dont see any 535 pv graphs is no one really has one anymore.  i think 10millmike? posted one in another thread.  but even his was a block off motor.  

none the less that serval is pretty stout , and if it takes redline to do those kinds of number because of a special order pipe you better just go with them.  i dont think you will be unhappy.

Thanks a lot for all the information guys, I really appreciate it. It's been most helpful in making my decision. Redline what is the best way to talk to you more about getting one of these setup for me? Do you prefer email or by phone?

Thanks a lot for all the information guys, I really appreciate it. It's been most helpful in making my decision. Redline what is the best way to talk to you more about getting one of these setup for me? Do you prefer email or by phone?

Call him tomorrow. 541-367-2453

I wouldnt even do the super serval unless you just wanted to. The regular serval cubs are just about the same if not more power than the super. A 10 mil serval is quite a bit cheaper to build and will be easier to tune in my opinion. I know of several servals that had tuning probs when they first came out

That 521 dyno'ed engine posted was designed(read as ported and set up) with things in mind of how the rider uses it and wanted power delivery. Not fancy peak numbers. You can call redline and discuss what you may be ae to do on higher octane and more compressiom which is what that 521 dynoed did not want.

Pump gas was chosen due to the pita drive to get race fuel. If the heads have issues like mentioned, it will be sold. However since the builder didnt mention that potiential, then I have zero worries. I feel it will be a reliable 521 on pump gas.

That 521 dyno'ed engine posted was designed(read as ported and set up) with things in mind of how the rider uses it and wanted power delivery. Not fancy peak numbers. You can call redline and discuss what you may be ae to do on higher octane and more compressiom which is what that 521 dynoed did not want.

Pump gas was chosen due to the pita drive to get race fuel. If the heads have issues like mentioned, it will be sold. However since the builder didnt mention that potiential, then I have zero worries. I feel it will be a reliable 521 on pump gas.

The poster clearly has zero idea what he's babbling about.

Pay no attention to that garbage.

I agree but on the other hand, hq readers may be looking for the info. Just wanted to clear up a few things. Also to the OP, i cant comment on how my power is compared to others listed. My bike isnt finished and i havent ridden many other bikes especially with the ones you listen in the thread title. Previously i had a ~60-65hp stock cylinder 4mil so this will be quiet a difference im sure. Good luck with your choice.

I havent added up the additional cost on paper yet from going from 10mil to 10mil super but i didnt want to say i shoulda went bigger. What made me decided the 521 was enough was i didnt want mattoon cases. I think if we could easily fit bigger than a 10mil crank in stock cases with just trenching, we would see more greater than 10mil stroked bikes.

I misread that and thought the 521 was the 421 and 85hp. The super servals I have seen werent impressive at all. I tuned a 472 super serval last year done by a site sponsor that supposedly had em lined out that was a combo that wouldnt tune until the 4th cutting of domes and pipes and ended up being 85 hp on 110 octane. That puts them into the "I dont want one" category. I cut the domes twice and luckily we only went thru one piston and one dome.

There are a couple servals of guys on here that are now drag ported like cubs and on alky cuz they wouldnt run worth a crap as servals. That is with snipers , shearers and cpis. I would definately stick with a proven builder with a proven combo. Otherwise skip the super serval IMO.