Turbocharged and fuel injected banshee........

Don't let this come off as cocky. BUT, even though dan doesn't get his hands on it much anymore he's still been kept in the bubble and I know he would agree with me on this. The problem with the big turbo motor and alcohol has recently been 100% figured out, just need a few t&t days to dial it in. Why not just do it you ask? I want to finish the year off having fun with it and getting it to run like a sob on gas and then switch to alcohol next year.

I took care of the crank seal issue (although on teardown i didnt see much movement)  I welded aluminum retainers on both sides of the cases, the seals can no longer physically move.  Not the prettiest but hey it should work just fine

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Bad news is this project is on hold until winter, upon re-assembly i must have missed somethnig that must have dropped into the intake.......found its way up the transfer port and took out the left cylinder, piston and head.  So for now this build is out of dollars.

When I get back to it I will have a few options.........

stock bore / stroke / porting would leave it 350cc and eligible for a 350cc land speed record. also the cheapest option

I could go with the 392 cub on the stock crank

or do a 4mm cub

I think I have the domes figured out so I will go with a TDR 1 piece girdle head

The turbo should work well on all the set-ups.  Any thoughts?  it was hovering around 100 rwhp on 18psi boost

Edited by tyrel

There is a compromise on the exhaust port that needs to be thought of. The smaller less duration port would/should close sooner and trap more boost in theory, also might aid in off boost performance. But a large longer duration port allows it to just fucking charge once it gets in to boost. Typically for banshee cylinders, the inbetween would be like a "dune" type port. Similar to the serval...... N20?