Bought Banshee but is Seller full of $#!T?

I won a Banshee on ebay the other night which was claimed to have been "bored, stroked and blue-printed". My logical request after winning the item was to request proof of these services being performed so I dont get pinched on the sale. I'm concerned that the seller misrepresented the atv and after having the shee shipped I'd be up a creek with no recourse to send it back.

The seller is backing their statement of the engine work solely on there being a spacer plate at the base of the cylinder. The easy way to determine if this information is correct would be to get out a caliper and measure the stroke, which the seller refused to do. I requested photo proof of the spacer plate and these are the pictures sent. Looks a little thicker than a base gasket but not the 2mm or so of a spacer that would be.

I'm asking you guys for some help here since I'm fairly green when it comes to Banshee's and engine mods. Does this look like enough to conclude the engine has been stroked? Should I push for more details or just run far away on this one?

IMG_14151.jpg

IMG_14161.jpg

Well, here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Yamaha-Banshee-350-RACING-2-STROKE-VERY-FAST-NO-RESERVE-FREE-SHIPPING-/291105645757?item=291105645757&forcerrptr=true&pt=ATVs&hash=item43c73fa4bd&nma=true&si=OsPT0Sk9Wl2Jws6V%252FAWHFwZCEYk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The people selling it are a bunch of dumb shits.

"THIS FOUR WHEELER CAN EASILY GO 100 MILES AN HOUR."  Nope

"IT HAS A DURABLUE AXLE"  Nope

At $3100 plus shipping, yeah, you got fucked. However, when you bid, you entered into a legally binding contract. What you choose to do from here is your choice.

Edited by Starwriter

Oh man!! That thing is so stock!!

Cancel the transaction. Shoot them a message saying you want to cancel due to insufficient proof of claimed work. And just wait for them to cancel. If not contact eBay. They'll look into it and see you shot them a message and you won't have an unpaid purchase mark on your record. I've done it 2 times.

Thank you everyone for the fast and candid responses. I should have trusted my gut on this one for sure. It seemed like a good deal (with the free shipping and claimed motor work) but after talking to the seller smelled more like week old fish.

I'll see what I can find locally up here in New England and hope for better luck. Banshees in decent shape with some mods are difficult to come by for a reasonable price, but it could just be timing.

Thank you again