Best Cylinder for MONSTER Torque Sponsors?

TIM LUTZ

I want a bolt on monoblock that is going to give me the best bottom end with the mods I have (stock welded crank see sig)  I'm racing XC GP one more year with the Banshee before I decide if I am going 4 stroke.  I have done everything to the chassis I can and it turns great.  Just getting beat out of the turns.

Pretty happy with suspension.  Running 50% sag on the rear and relocated upper shock mounts to lower front end 2"  Slides nice in corners, never bottoms out or packs up.  What are the "PC's" you are referring to?  Do the serval cylinders do better on the bottom than the cheetah cylinder with the power valves?  Anyone like the Twister cylinder for torque?  If I must go 4mm I will.  Not that big a deal to drop in a crank.

I think what he was trying to say Jesse is a 4 stroke is easier to race power delivery wise for this type of racing. Yes you can make anything work but now you have a quad you dump a lot of money in suspension just to be able to ride in this type of racing .. Then you dump a few more thousand in a motor just to make it easier to race in xc racing.

IMO a 4 stroke would be a way better option

trx250r with a cylinder kit is the best 2stroke quad your going to get for track racing.  There are hundreds of big hit frames and suspension components out there.  If your keeping the banshee (I would) I also vote 421 serval, youll have the torque you will need to keep with the four strokes

Do a Yfz frame with a raptor 700 swap there has been a few I seen you get modern suspension, and can easily have 60-70 HP pretty cheap.. They are reliable and have torque out the ass.

http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/119-quad-projects/107470-hefez-yfzr-450-700-build-thread.html

decomp set ups are readily available, if you ran a yammi WR500 motor,they are torque monsters you get a wide ratio gearbox and you can ditch the cooling system to save even more weight, only the last ones were water cooled, had a short product run and pretty rare...but they do exist if you want to keep it all yammi

parts wi$e it might be more viable to run a more popular engine, like KX or CR, prolly safer in slower moving airflow situations anywaythan an air cooled 2s, you get a much bigger window of time before the engine get pissed off and locks up

KTM 380`s are also a VERY stout motor, in the right hands just as fast as a half liter, they also run the same bottom end (cases,box, not sure about the crank) as the 300, 330 and 360...they also made a 550 but those fuckers are left hand kick :down:

there is a guy that put a 380 2s into a 450 frame for MX on youtube...and it is a fucking weapon

so if your going to build a killer XC hybrid bike, you got a fukton of options...gl :)