Best Cylinder for MONSTER Torque Sponsors?

TIM LUTZ

ok  only read 1st post  sorry if this is a repeat..

if you want REAL tq AND hp your going to have to run a cheetah  anyone that says a 400cc cheeta on a stock stroke crank wont make tq dosent know what they are talking about.  built right they should be able to make in the 55-60ft lbs tq range very low i the rpm band...   thats more than most 4 pokes..  to get it to that point its going to make in the 70-80"s in hp pretty easily...  so hold the fuck on.  timing can tame it some if you need more tractability..

serval  yea  its cheaper but your going to have about a 2500 rpm real powerband..  thats really limited. BUT IF BUILT RIGHT can make nice power spread.  to get them to really shine you will need the correct pipes for them.. 

i have seen and rode both cylinders in horrible build status and have rode both in very nice build status  i'd chose the cheeta over the serval every time except if budget didnt allow the better cylinder  BUT   have you had a real set of tq 350 stock cylinders done yet?  with real custom domes? not that "mx" bullshit port i see all the time  but real, major reworked for tq only transfer's 350cc ( 65mm bore) cylinders??  id say probably not... 

just my opinion..   

ok read the rest now.  as far as the hybrids...

the cr250 in trx chassis is bad ass.  pv motor  nice runner  light as hell..

if i was going to do a big bore deff would be either ktm as stated OR kx500  real beast of a motor, real pv engine etc.. and in my opinion the cubs are patternd from the ktm port layout.. the ktm is a pv motor also..  on the compression release.  that goofy one on the lt is a turd.  on my cr500 i have one that lever actuated  just push the lil lever down on the bars when i kick  it pops and i let go..  easy as cheesy,,  if you go big bore 2 stroke a comp release is a must..  also  the build of the motor and the crankshaft quality will dictate the vibration of the motor.  

ok  just looked at that 700 in a 450 frame  holy fuck thats the way to go...  of all the 4 pokes  the only one i like is the 700 rappy....    i think its hillarious that that low rpm beast makes more power than a high rev totally $$$$ 450 turd wagon...   time to look for a rappy motor..  i already have a chassis

• Like 1

Picking up a 1987 KX500 motor this weekend.  I looked at some dyno charts and this thing makes 62 HP at 6200 rpm.  Hell, 6200 rpm is where a Shee is just starting to get on the pipes.

I may just pop it in the Shee frame and do the 2014 season while I'm looking for a TRX, KFX or YFZ roller.

• 2 weeks later...

My WR500 will eat my Banshee for lunch on any day, and the Banshee is no slouch either. I don't think the WR has a powerband, it just clears out and you're gone!

A few years back I put an old air cooled YZ250 engine into an old Suzuki quadrunner. I chopped the mounts out of the bike frame and welded in the whole tubes, mounting... no problem. The pipe and dealing with the kick start was a total headache! Got the pipe on and opted for push start. Keep in mind this wasn't a serious build, just throwing parts together for fun. End result was plenty scary, and should've put the seat on the handlebars!