Lightest Banshee

fastkid

Guest JohnTabata

Not exactly what i meant. i was assuming people had a good chassis setup with proper weight transfer, tires, clutching etc. my thought was dollar for dollar for dollar youd be better off building more power and focusing on getting it to the ground. eventually these bikes get heavier as the power comes up due to engine weight,extra wheel base and chassis stiffning. in your example of the light bike vs big bike i would think track would be the smaller lighter bike but on big hills the fat guy with more power would be the favorite.

I'd chose whatever is faster. Small motor, big motor, lighter, heavier... fast is fast.

• Like 1

Well if menz can run a 3.58 on a 421, without a jockey (yes he ran this on his own bike too) then this is a very valid and important discussion we're having at getting faster. Fast is fast, and that 421 is running with large twins, and it's mainly due to power to weight. What have people done on the inside of the motor to lighten?! Any adverse effects on performance running light internals?

The menz 421 is far from something people on here can buy. he is a very sharp individual and has spent the time to fine tune every aspect of it.if you dont build motors and spend countless hours dyno testing then that small engine is not a good comparison.

Gonna leave it at this, smaller engines are very efficient. from a 421cc bike up to a 817 your only gonna gain 50-60 hp. Bigger guys need more power or less weight to be competitive. i feel its cheaper and safer to go with more power vs light weight parts. if your 140lbs go with a small mtr lightish bike youll be fine. but 200+ youll need more tq plain and simple.

Much smarter men have took the time to do the testing and publish a paper about this shit. They don't try and sell a product, they publish results and science.... Back to the topic though, anyone know the cub vs wampus weight? Wampus casting is definitely lighter but is it significant?