Lightest Banshee

fastkid

I tried probably 10 different types of the "traditional" batteries. All had downfalls of one kind or another. Most had really inconsistent power delivery both in the pits and down track. Most couldn't recover fast enough to pulse the solendoids effectively, most couldn't go multiple passes without drop on a volt meter most took quite awhile to bring back to a "full" charge most were damn expensive especially when compared to their lack luster performance and most were as heavy or heavier than the Li drill setups I run.

If your going to try and run a stand alone ignition system the last thing you want to have to question is the power delivery and capabilities of your battery.

Depends on which msd setup but I've seen multiple passes on a dual MC4 with minimal drop. Generally swapped them every 3/4 passes just for good measure. Derwin uses one on mine on his triple cougar and changes every 3 passes but has always said he sees little to no voltage drop on the meter.