cutting clutch springs

jayhawkatv

no im still running a rear shaw on the strip.problem is well both. Kinda hard to explain it stands up half the time and bogs the other half. Cause I been playing with the throttle off the line.Even in the dune it can use a little more slipage

Track, I would at the minimum put a solid strut on the rear & consider the fronts. I prefer using Shaws up front, but the cheapest route would be the struts. Make sure you lower the quad in the process. IMO, this would be a quick, easy & cheap start to helping your problems.

I'm not ruling out the clutch springs yet. Without base lining the clutch, it's nothing but guessing with the spring pressure.

If that bike is making the power you say it should definitely be able to move through stock springs. What kind of weight is on the lock up?

It's a guessing game with the clutch info given. That much power, rider/quad weight & on sand should be driving thru the stock springs with only 7g of weight on each arm.

you need a better frame setup. gearing and or tire

X2. Also increase tire pressure. I'd do a lot of different things before I started cutting or taking out springs. For fine tuning maybe but not just to stop a bog. Could also be a tuning issue as mentioned.

Yea, strutting the bike and decreasing tire pressure will make the bike hook harder.

I would start with the simplest swap, the gearing.

Provided the tune is pretty close, gearing would be my first change.

1-2 teeth on the rear could make all the difference.