Redline Dyno Shootout

srp

Haha. Like I said, no real world experience.

You're just the guy looking for the big numbers.

Negative. I guess from now on I should plow our tracks on ski slopes and do any and all of my testing with the dyno propped on one end so that it sits at a 45* angle.

Negative. I guess from now on I should plow our tracks on ski slopes and do any and all of my testing with the dyno propped on one end so that it sits at a 45* angle.

Where are your dyno sheets?

Where is your first place trophy from the dyno contest?

I see a lot of talk but that's it.

Unless I'm mistaken, you've never actually won anything, right?

Anyway.

Where does such an assumption come from..... Never did I knock your coveted rocket pipe, and yet I get your rediculous comment about not having any experience with them. What about me saying they sign off a little to early for my set up makes you so angry that you have to pick a key board fight to find some way, some thing, or some how to make any thing other then what you believe wrong? People make simple statements and you have this habit of over interpolating what is said and start flexing your ego. Even if people agree with you, and it happens to be in words not in muscle fitness or concrete digest you seem to think its against the grain of what know/think.

Relax

Dyno sheets? Why I never made any major claims to necessitate posting sheets.

Dyno trophy? What kind of statement is that? I didn't try to even make it sound like I am only in to chasing numbers. By the way, if you are telling me experimenting on a dyno is so stupid, why would you go through the trouble of helping to get this big shindig set up at Redline? You make no sense and I see no reason for you to think its meaningful for you to do testing but it's just stupid for any one else.

• Like 2

ok so i have an honest question.  

i dont have any real dyno experience except a few years ago out at gigot's   he was running a dyno/ drag day  we put bikes on the dyno  played with them  then went out to a small track there and raced.  it was a lot of fun.

anyways...    the next day i stayed around and we fooled with my turds for a few hours.  when we FIRST put my 10 mill on the dyno  it read 200 hp  the graph was all nutty looking.  and the bike revved very very fast. he said the "load was way off"  and he fooled with a bunch of stuff on a display for a while till we got down in the 100+HP range.  then the motor was "loaded" sounding.  how did the load change so much from one day of running 4 strokes and small cc banshee's? it made me start thinking of how load ( gearing, tires, weight) affected motors and then i thought about ways to counteract those effects.  gigot said the motor made to much tq and the load wasn't enough for the motor to make the right power.  it was a fun weekend and i think i learned a lot.  

the wifes pump gas 350 with t-5's made 65hp from 7500 to 9500 in a flat line  but never changed the load settings..?  the 4 strokes the day before were in the 50hp ranges the 700 rappy we took out on spray did 60hp off spray and 100 with it ( 35 shot) 

whaa happen?

I do every season and have since I was about 12. Just no need to get on here and brag

I would hardly call posting about your accomplishments bragging. It's not like Yahoo news is going to cover it. You might as well post about it.

As far as these pipes go, I only own a set of Rockets and I don't even own a motor that they will work on. I did however run them successfully on several different 4mm motors and my old 10mm Cub.

As far as the dyno testing goes, I'm just curious. I have zero stake in it. I doubt I'll ever build another small motor. If nothing else, it'll help people make decisions when building 4mm Servals.

As far as your dyno testing or real world experience with any of the pipes mentioned, you're only doing everyone else a disservice by not posting your experience. As you stated above, you don't "brag." So, how would we know you've run them or not, successfully or not?

I've done both and would hardly call it "bragging." Step up to the plate if you want your opinions to be relevant.

I don't know anything about dynos.

I actually ride/race/win.

Try it sometime?

Then why fly out to dyno at Redline?

Why don't you test these pipes where it matters?

Find a hill....stack a pile of pipes to test at the bottom...let us know what your butt thinks.

When it's all over we'll just all do what you do.....

Then why fly out to dyno at Redline?

Why don't you test these pipes where it matters?

Find a hill....stack a pile of pipes to test at the bottom...let us know what your butt thinks.

When it's all over we'll just all do what you do.....

I already have. And everyone that hillclimbs is already doing it.

Anything else?

Honest assessment on why I don't post much about my set up, I'll just copy and paste what I said to Jesse this morning.

"Jesse: You've dynod rockets?

Me:Yeah, did them on my old stock stroke big bore, 4mm big bore, my current 4mm stock cyl, and a buddy tossed them on the cub he built.

Jesse:Ah really. Did you compare them to anything or? What you get out of them rev wise?

Me: They certainly come on earlier then shearers but start falling off about 9,500 to 9,800. Love them in trails and shorter tracks, but there just isnt any over rev for the longer straights.

Jesse: Ahh good to know. Surprised you never posted anything on em

Me: Just no point in posting any thing about my build as it's not a drag bike and it has a short track motor built by passion who happens to not be the fastest drag builder so people would just bitch and argue.

Jesse:Very true

Me: Motor from Jim with his recommended baseline tune up was 79 hp at the tire with no timing. We leaned it up a pilot and richened the clip one notch and gave it 5* and made 82 on it. Not bad for any "dune" type of port 4mm race gas motor. Made a bit more with more timing and less fuel but AFR's were borderline for real world riding."

That combo I referred to is very stout down low as well not a top end only deal. That was with the motor pretty much as it is in my sig. I've made a few changes since and expect more out of it. I guess this is where every one picks apart the numbers and says I altered them?