Sunoco Vs Vp

onlyonelife79

So. I'm a newbie to the two stroke world. My new found 2 stroke runs a 50/50 blend. I have 2 choices in my area. Sunoco and VP. I seriously don't know weather this is a stupid question or not, because the Vp is a few bucks more a gallon than the Sumoco, but I can get Sunoco from the pump and Vp in 5 gallon cans.

Around here vp cans are 5gallon but the crooks only fill to 4.5! check one sometime. that makes vp way more expensive

No. Didn't happen.

VP > Sunoco

Mostly depends on location. Out here people just don't buy enough of it at the local pumps so there are times where the tank is only filled once a year. I never found it to be near fresh enough and people called me crazy but my bike ran better on a steady diet from VP.

3 fresh un opened cans on 2 different trips. pour into known 5 gallon can all come up short. try it sometime and see what you get.

One of these days you'll learn that your plastic cans stretch. That's why they read wrong. (That's why I said it never happened. It's a common mistake.)

Try going to a gas station and filling them with exactly 5 gallons as the pump reads.......you'll see that you just got fooled by a stretched out can.

As temps go up in the can, it expands. Let your can spend ANY time in the sun and it will stretch A LOT and stay that way.

Scribner jugs dont stretch a 1/2 gallon. and btw the jugs are still acurate at 5 gallon. im done on this subject. both fuels work fine. buy what ever is fresh.

Yes. Yes they do. EVERY plastic jug stretches with temps. Hell the metal drums pop and boom as temps change! If you had ever spent any time around pallets of race fuel drums you would know how much temps effect the containers. They ship drums as full as possible to limit the expansion of air. Fluid expands too, but air in the cans/drums lets fuel slosh and makes loads unstable.

So NO you aren't getting 5 gallon cans of VP with only 4 1/2 gallons in them. Never happened.