pipes question

gasmask34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have you ever ran any other pipe pn the same motor??  hard to compare pipes if you have only ran one.

t-6 in my opinion is an excellent trail pipe,  with proper motor build they are brutal "rider" pipes.  but they like some funky porting.

Ever see a post where somebody says?.......... "I run [brand x} pipe and I think my bike runs like shit and all my buddies run circles around me and mock me for having the wrong pipes.......get something other than what I have!"

No you don't.

Just a pile of guys saying "I run [brand Y] and my bike rips."

got a stock stroke dune/trail ported banshee. head milled .030, 30mm lectrons, +4 degree timing key. im looking for a set of pipes. I no shearer or cpi pipes would work great but looking for something different.

what pipes are on it now?

Well that's not true.....CPI's are a very nice pipe if your motor is set up for them.

But if your buying a set of pipes off of rumor your going to end up making a poor choice.

CPI's (as well as Shearers and others) like a certain style of build. You have to know the details of your build to know what pipe will work best for your motor.

Well that's not true.....CPI's are a very nice pipe if your motor is set up for them.

But if your buying a set of pipes off of rumor your going to end up making a poor choice.

CPI's (as well as Shearers and others) like a certain style of build. You have to know the details of your build to know what pipe will work best for your motor.

I was going to post this same thing this morning but got lazy. Thanks.