pipes question

gasmask34

• 2 months later...

why do people keep referring PT mids.... you guys do know they have a more aggressive "trail" style pipe PT High revs....

PT mids are good pipe in their own way... PT high's are in the same class as the DMC's etc...

This is a good statement. I'm running mids on my girls bike. The bottom end is great. It just pulls in to the power band seamlessly. The top end leaves a lot to be desired for a banshee.

In all honesty, there a little better then stock pipes as to flow and top end but the "hit" is about the same as stock pipes.

Pro Circuits will "hit harder " than PT Mids in my experience. PT mids are really smooth on how the power comes on.  That being said,id want smooth,,not a "hit" if i was wanting a wheelie machine...more controllable.

OK i will look into the Pro Circuits. My local atv shop says FMF FATTY'S how would they compare to the PC's?

when you start getting into porting.. from what ive heard and seen on HERE  PC's tend to flow and perform better then fmf's.... but that is all from me reading shit on here not real life exp...   

I am not going to have any porting work done to the engine. Im just found a set of Bills pipes on ebay but i have not heard much about them, can anyone fill me in on those?

t-6  stock bike  reeds and timing..  = wheelies all damn day

i actually rebuilt a stockish motor that had cpi's on it  all it had were v force reeds and a matched exhaust port ( about 1mm higher)  it actually suprised me on how it ran.  BUT i hate cpis because of how they look and fit  plus plug access is horrible.  

i had pt mids on a paul turner built bike i bought.  took them off  installed pro's and it picked up 6 lengths on the drag strip  and i felt  had more bottom end. 

t-6  stock bike  reeds and timing..  = wheelies all damn day

i actually rebuilt a stockish motor that had cpi's on it  all it had were v force reeds and a matched exhaust port ( about 1mm higher)  it actually suprised me on how it ran.  BUT i hate cpis because of how they look and fit  plus plug access is horrible.  

i had pt mids on a paul turner built bike i bought.  took them off  installed pro's and it picked up 6 lengths on the drag strip  and i felt  had more bottom end. 

what gears can you stand it up in without clutching it up?

on my old t-6 trail bike?  it had a 4 over  i could wheelie every gear except 6th.  and at that time on 14-38 gearing i didnt want to do any wheelies  not that its really hard on any banshee.   the best slow wheelies i ever did was on a stock banshee.  1st gear creepers

on my old t-6 trail bike? it had a 4 over i could wheelie every gear except 6th. and at that time on 14-38 gearing i didnt want to do any wheelies not that its really hard on any banshee. the best slow wheelies i ever did was on a stock banshee. 1st gear creepers

yea...but did you stanky-leg it?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

on my old t-6 trail bike?  it had a 4 over  i could wheelie every gear except 6th.  and at that time on 14-38 gearing i didnt want to do any wheelies  not that its really hard on any banshee.   the best slow wheelies i ever did was on a stock banshee.  1st gear creepers

Cool i should be able to stand er up with ease with the PC's and my other mods then.