4 mil HJR akly bike

crf250man

I hoped it would, but barker is still dragging his feet on it... I planned on having it running for Memorial Day last year, then the goal was Memorial Day this year....now Im shooting for Memorial Day next year ;). There should be a few drag raptors there this weekend, that is if they get finished in time...nothing like last minute thrashing in the garage.

I hoped it would, but barker is still dragging his feet on it... I planned on having it running for Memorial Day last year, then the goal was Memorial Day this year....now Im shooting for Memorial Day next year ;). There should be a few drag raptors there this weekend, that is if they get finished in time...nothing like last minute thrashing in the garage.

Id drop that guy and his goofy ideas like a bad habit. Shit isn't cutting edge by any means! 3 years to get a motor is fucking retarded! The fuck he waiting for?

Id drop that guy and his goofy ideas like a bad habit. Shit isn't cutting edge by any means! 3 years to get a motor is fucking retarded! The fuck he waiting for?

It was one thing after another...I dropped the engine off in the fall of 2011.  The first problem was the guy who powdercoated my engine, he was a liar, thief, and took a few months to get it done.  After he finally finished his shit and got it back to Barker, I decided to go with a different and stronger connecting rod that was still in the design process (2-3 weeks away from being done), well....they took around 3 months in reality. 

So right as that new rod design was getting finished up, he told me about a new design that was supposed to be a game changer....a bearingless rod design.  Not new in the racing world, but new for Raptor motors.  So F it right?  I have already been waiting damn near a year at this point, whats a few more weeks?  Well, those few more weeks turned into around 4 months.

After all the BS, he finally got the motor buttoned up and it was ready to be picked up.  When I got it home, I notice that the epoxy on the lockout cover was hard as a rock from being powdercoated, so another month waiting while it went back to Direct Drive to get redone.  So about 3 months back, I get everything back, find some fuel and fire this bitch up to get heat cycled before I hit the dyno.

It runs for about a total of 3 minutes, and locks up solid.  Blasting media (sand) from the powdercoater was left in the engine cases somewhere, and ran through the motor and made a mess.  I needed a new connecting rod (went with a carrillo because I was tired of the "new design shit"), and needed a new piston (custom turbo piston's aren't sitting on shelves across the country), so I had a 6-week wait from CP.  And that's where I'm at now...all the new parts came in, and it's at Barkers shop getting rebuilt, just waiting on the new gasket and o-ring for the head/cylinder.  I hoped it would be ready by this weekend, but it's not looking good.  Now I'm hoping to have it done for the mayhem in the mitten race, but who knows.

/my life story.