4 mil HJR akly bike

crf250man

Well Tyler, you have often frowned on info I have posted related to my dyno testing. :shrugani:

Obviously Cam uses a dyno to find more power. 12HP is nothing to sneeze at. That info was found in dyno testing and trial and error on his end.

My motor just got "Re-Ported" by Cam because he found 10 more HP with a port style he tried. He found that power with his dyno. Your not going to find power quickly if you have to wait till the next race to test the results of changes. This is why the industry has crawled through the years in the advancement of power. Now that more builders are equipped with dynos, we are seeing advancements like never before. Also we are seeing people have a better understanding that a peak number is worthless if the overall curve is junk.

Hearing more info about what others do regarding dialing in the other aspects of a bike should be very popular. The suspension section get's FAR too little traffic. I'm also enjoying STY's clutch post.

Tyler, you should offer up more input than just "Run this tire." You have a custom hybrid chassis and have won at your sport. You have some knowledge to share. It might be specific to hill climbing.....but it might also cross over to other stuff.

I probably rely on Cam more than I should when it comes to my motors and them making power, but I really don't have the time to hit the dyno. That's why I send Cam nekkids of my wife..So that he will spend more time on the dyno with my junk. :clap:

What's crazy is that we (my brother and I) were winning pretty handily before this 12HP upgrade.. After the first showing this year at Red Wing, we can both tell a huge difference in these motors. That combined with the new suspension has us really confident in the complete package. I am sure others will follow suit, as nothing I have or do is a secret. Shit, my brother hadn't climbed in almost two years and took 2nd both days in Red Wing in May, pretty easily too. He says the new set up is the best it has ever been. Good thing I set his shit up! :D

When it comes to our setups, I always share information with mainly hillclimbers, but anyone who wants to know as well.

There are several members on this site alone that are running almost identical copies of our setups, that I helped them get together. Two guys have 20DMs that Cam built over the winter per my recommendation. Just about anywhere you look in the hillclimb scene, you will see bits and pieces of our set ups. Tires is a big thing that transferred from us to them. When we first started climbing in MN, me, my brother and a buddy were the only ones with cut tires. No one else did it. That caught on FAST. In 2006, Nationals were in Red Wing and the east coast guys came out.. They took the cut tire thing home with them and now nearly all of them run some form of cut tire.

I do help a lot with other climbers set ups, even guys I am in direct competition with up north, I just don't really post much about it here.

As far as the Hybrid goes, I retired it! Over the winter I shed a ton of weight off the Banshee, getting it down to within a few pounds of the Hybrid weight. I decided that only one hillclimb bike was necessary, so I took it apart. I also like the new feel of the Banshee better than the Hybrid, so I figured I didn't need it anymore.

What does your new hill climber tip the scales at now?

FFS what does this have to do with OPs bike?

(I just like to use FFS since I saw it)

Not a damn thing.  ;)

Why? Do you want to hear more about his bike?

FFS what does this have to do with OPs bike?

(I just like to use FFS since I saw it)

That's a good question. FFS.

What does your new hill climber tip the scales at now?

I think it's at 360, give or take a couple pounds. I've actually made some changes since I last weighed it. I need to check it again.

I'd love to dyno my 4DM. Just don't trust anyone near me.

Talk to Dan. You two should plan a dyno road trip. Then come ride the dunes with us.

I bet you'd have no problem riding wood

:rotflmao:

Talk to Dan who??! Hopefully not hall cause if so I've been waiting for my carbs that were suppose to e done memorial weekend hasn't called or text back, unless your a big shot your a nobody with him.

If you are I'm southern part of mi I can put you I'm touch with some guys that will take very good care of you.