nothing but problems.. pancake bearing, shifter star mod. now this

Alright had the welded ball issue. Got all the parts plus a pancake bearing and shifter star mod. Put everything together, got a whole handfull of clutch, pressure plate is engaging and disengaging (moving in and out with hand lever atleast) so I put it all back together and put oil in it and fire it up, pull in the clutch, kick it in gear and she takes off. The only problem is the clutch is pulled in. WTF. Anybody have any ideas what the problem is? I'm gonna check and make sure none of the clutch plates and discs are stuck tovrther but I'm 90% sure they're all good. I'm about 98% sure they are all good. I'm pretty sure I checked one night when I had a little too much to drink.

I would say 1st get a manual, then take it apart with out getting drunk, then follow the pictures and directions on putting it together, again with out getting drunk. Just my opinion though.

How did you adjust the clutch? If the cover is off, and you squeeze the lever does the pressure plate move out about a quater inch?

Yes it moves out about a quarter inch. But I can't get the arrows to line up for the life of me. I've had several people on bhq explain it to me but it just does not want to cooperate. I got a full day to mess with it tomorrow.

adjust the threaded rod on the pancake bearing till it lines up. i had one that fought me and fought me i ended up having to much tension on the clutch cable at the lever

I was gonna try to just disconnect the cable all together. This thing is driving me crazy. And its not even my bike. I'm doing this for a friend so he can go on a riding trip with us next weekend.

You gotta be kidding me. three topics for your same problem? You had better find someone who knows what they are doing and have them fix it. You are obviously overlooking something. where do you live? maybe someone could swing by and help you out.

Where exactly are you located.  Chances are someone on here lives around you.  If you let us know where you live, we could let you know where we are and you could do the ride of shame with the bike in the back of a truck to get to someone who knows what they're doing.  Then we can show you that it takes longer for you to load the bike than for us to align the clutch. 

It can be slightly confusing.....wont lie about that....especially when trying to take info from online.