Dual petcock

Look at the dial it has a bean shaped cut out when this is in off position it sits below the two round outlet holes from on and res. when on it turns to let on flow through half of it and same when on res. if you port on and reserve to be one hole which is the only way to acually improve flow and not just be dual outlet it will still only flow through half of the bean shape port on dial. First post is not correct as its been a few days since I looked at it and had got rusty on y it wouldn't work. I know this is makes no sense to most but if I got it apart u will be able to figure it out.

This ^ 

You have to open up the inside of the petcock ( look at what Abe is describing)with a carbide burr to get any actual flow improvement...and if you measure it,,its a small amount at that. that mod was fairly common in 1999-2000. You have to basiclly connect the "reserve" and 'On" positions via the inside of the knob where the fuel flows,but even then,its a small gain.

If you really NEED the extra flow,get a pingle as has already been said.

Look at the dial it has a bean shaped cut out when this is in off position it sits below the two round outlet holes from on and res. when on it turns to let on flow through half of it and same when on res. if you port on and reserve to be one hole which is the only way to acually improve flow and not just be dual outlet it will still only flow through half of the bean shape port on dial. First post is not correct as its been a few days since I looked at it and had got rusty on y it wouldn't work. I know this is makes no sense to most but if I got it apart u will be able to figure it out.

Oh! Got it. Your right, the first restriction is the very first inlet. Now with me maintains the stock stepped on and reserve tubes it won't flow more. But it you were to do that it would, and you would only have on and off. Might as well buy a pingle. But I would feel a little more comfortable with separate lines. One hose to the T and then into 2. Split. Now obviously it just fills the bowls and maintains a level setting. On wide open runs your splitting it. Can a stocker drink more then that? More then likely not. But I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm just trying something to see my results, it looks pretty cool IMO and its a cheap easy mod that YOU can physically do in your garage.

ECD64D7E-93B9-44BA-AE91-2FF8BCC789FE-101

Got my holes drilled/cut out. I roughed up the surface with some 80 grit sand paper to really give the rtv something to adhere to.

6F815800-C26E-4875-9E70-053CC5FD1070-101

After getting RTV all over everything and everywhere, I got it mounted. So maybe tomorrow I'll get this thing filled with some water and see if it leaks.

But I would just like to thank zillafreak for sending me petcock at no charge. Bri894 for offering me a petcock which I still have yet to pick up from him.

It was so easy to mount my Pingle.... No RTV, no drilling, no worrying about fuel leaks, no having to remember to turn both petcocks on... It's cool this can be done... But isn't this why Pingle makes a high-flow dual feed? Just seems like alot of effort for something someone already makes, and is known to work flawlessly..

It was so easy to mount my Pingle.... No RTV, no drilling, no worrying about fuel leaks, no having to remember to turn both petcocks on... It's cool this can be done... But isn't this why Pingle makes a high-flow dual feed? Just seems like alot of effort for something someone already makes, and is known to work flawlessly..

cuz this is for cheap people with nothing better to do.

• Like 1

It's cheap. It cost me nothing. In total the time it took me was maybe a little over an hour.

Like I said, I have a pingle. But I'm all for free/cheap mods. I had a slotted stock timing plate.

I do all this on my girlfriends bike because its just to try stuff out. I did all the porting as well on her bike. Next is modding the trans.

Ok so curious here, why do you even need dual for a stock bike? You said you don't want to waste the money on a dual pingle for it, but if that's all the bike is, why not just run the oem the way it came?

Just to see how easy/hard it is. So if anyone in the future wants to do it they can see its fairly simple.

Ok so curious here, why do you even need dual for a stock bike? You said you don't want to waste the money on a dual pingle for it, but if that's all the bike is, why not just run the oem the way it came?

It's cheap. It cost me nothing. In total the time it took me was maybe a little over an hour.

Like I said, I have a pingle. But I'm all for free/cheap mods. I had a slotted stock timing plate.

I do all this on my girlfriends bike because its just to try stuff out. I did all the porting as well on her bike. Next is modding the trans.

the dual petcock? not one bit....hell I respect the fact that your doing it.....looks pretty interesting.  Just pointing out why rjd was saying he couldn't figure out why you were doing it to a stock bike.....I just underlined that you said it was a ported bike...

looks pretty slick what your doing.....hope you don't forget to turn one of them on...