Dual petcock

I just recently saw a pic on here of a tank with a oem petcock mounted on the other side. Essentially a dual pingle. I just want to know if anyone has done it, have pics, recommendations on what they should/ shouldn't have done. Seems like an easy enough task. Also seems effective as well. So my girlfriends bike is my test bike and I'm interested and want to do it.

Funny man....but I could see that one coming a mile away.  :lol:

I'll let the next guy guess, just how YOU "turn on your pet cocks."

Damn you beat me to it.

Yes Clark made a dual valve tank.

(it was featured in the Jan 07 dirtwheels.)

Back then it was $170.....

I'm running two OEM Fuel Petcocks on my Stock Banshee Gas Tank and it works really good.  vulvafan537240 is right if you for get to turn one ON or you have one set on RESERVE and the other set on ON you will fry a Cylinder. You also need to buy 2 new Reserve Petcock Straws/Filters and replace the longer ones that are used in the ON position. This helps make sure you don't have any issues with Reserve on one Petcock being ON and one being OFF and there only $1.19ea.

I spent hours researching Yamaha Petcocks to find one that had the same Flow Rate that the Banshee Petcock for the Right Side of the fuel tank. Some of the Yamaha V-Star 1100cc Motorcycles have the same Fuel Petcock thats on the Banshee for the Right Side of the tank. I bought mine new off eBay for around $15.00.

Tools Needed:

• Long Philips Head Screw Driver (Long Enough to toutch the Bottom of the Tank)
  • Dremel Tool
  • Drill
  • Sand Paper (400 Grit & 1,000 Grit)
  • 11/32 Drill Bit       
  • Another Bigger Drill Bit for the main Sump Hole (I can't remember the size of the drill bit needed)       

Supplies Needed:

• Yamaha 1100 V-Star Fuel Petcock (Right Side)
  • (2) Short RESERVE Fuel Petcock Filter Straws
  • (2) Stainless Steel 10mm Philips Head Bolts
  • (2) 10mm Rubber Washers
  • (2) 10mm Lock Nuts
  • White Paint Marker
  • Permatex Red Loctite
  • Silicon or Gas Tank Repar Kit
  • Carburator Cleaner
  • Scotch Tape
  • Paper Towls or Rags
  • Torque Wrench

1. Take the tank off and Clean it out good
  2. Sand the mounting sefice so it's flat and free of all imperfections
  3. Mark Drill Holes with White Paint Marker
  4. Drill Holes In Tank
  5. Apply a Small amout of Silicon on one side of Rubber Washer and put it on 10mm Bolts and let dry
  6. Lightly Tape Philips Head Bolts to Long Philips Head Screw Driver
  7. Apply Small Amount of Silicon to Mounting Serfice on Petcock and Petcock O-Ring
  8. Lay Petcock in Place
  9. Install mounting Bolts and Lock Nuts (Use Red Loctite on Lock Nuts)
  10. Torque Fuel Petcock Bolts to 22ft/lbs   
  11. Clean Tank and check for Leaks (Be sure that no small peaces of Plastic from drilling are still in tank)
  12. Put Fuel Tank and Plastic back on quad

I've been running the additional Fuel Petcock on my Banshee for 2+ years with no issues. I will try to remember to take a few pictures of the Dual OE Style Fuel Petcocks on my Banshee tonight and post them on this thread to help you out. Remember to take your time, message me if you have any problems. Good luck.   

My only question is why not buy a dual pingel and not have to modify much of anything ?

Because I like to try things. Any asshole can bolt on a part. It's my girlfriends bike so really it's my test bike. I already have a dual pingle on my bike, but if this is a cheap easy and just as effective alternative, I'm all for it.

YAHTZI! Good write up. I literally almost went that same route. I am interested in the Clark tank with a sump on each side because I am getting pretty serious with my oval bike. It would probably be a good idea to keep the fuel over the pet cock, which my current set up isn't. And my bowls only do so much.

YAHTZI! Good write up. I literally almost went that same route. I am interested in the Clark tank with a sump on each side because I am getting pretty serious with my oval bike. It would probably be a good idea to keep the fuel over the pet cock, which my current set up isn't. And my bowls only do so much.

never thought about the circle track guys.

Well lucky for me I have a spare gas tank sitting in my shed. Time to get to work

44D2DC50-7D4F-4E43-B979-1162441A3E72-260