Dual petcock

6E451E80-A103-46A7-86CB-06C1367B7CF9-261

CFB665A0-B85A-4FE1-9F78-0E069E6B254D-261

So I decided in an effort to save money( why I started this and why I'm not getting a pingle for a stock carb stock stroke play bike) I'm drilling through this and capping off the opposite side, no need to buy an opposed valve when this guy has a choice of flowing 3 ways

I drilled out the opposite port once and put a nipple in it. As long as you don't drill it too big, it should work fine. Drill out the inside between the 2 ports for the reserve and normal positions and it should flow alot more.

ibwas wondering how to go about that next thanks. But it looks like I will defeat the reserve option at that point. I would like to keep that. Maybe I can get the normal on position bigger to get better flow and leave the reserve to still utilize it

as much as it hurts me to say this i agree with stvn

So do I, come look at my bike and there is a pingle bolted to the tank. The point of this is cheap and easy. I'm doing this on a spare tank to see how it turns out. Not making promises, but maybe help someone out.

Like modding the stock timing plate, free(I know this one isn't) it helps a little until you can commit to a adjustable plate.

If you drill out the normal position port, it'll be too big for the tube to fit in

your right. Well I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

F8A3D2EF-8713-4CF7-B024-FFBDF358D3F5-261

Now that I went through the hard part is gonna be getting this thing mounted with out leaking.

Out of pocket expense.

- extra petcock- can prob get on here for 5 bucks.

- time- what's your time worth?

- willingness to F up a tank or petcock

So really not much.

U guys caused me to look into doing this myself, took about 10 min to figure out that there is no way to actually improve flow and keep an off function since the on off is worked by a ported dial that wouldn't turn the fuel off completely if opened up to let on and reserve both flow through same port . Correct me if I'm wrong or u figure it out.

wait, what?

Look at the dial it has a bean shaped cut out when this is in off position it sits below the two round outlet holes from on and res. when on it turns to let on flow in through half of it and out through the other half. Does the same when on res. if you port on and reserve to be one hole which is the only way to acually improve flow and not just be dual outlet it will still only flow in through half of the bean shape port and out the other half. First post is not correct as its been a few days since I looked at it and had got rusty on y it wouldn't work, first post now edited. I know this makes no sense to most but if You got it apart u will be able to figure it out.