Help Please- Base Gasket Size For Squish Band

I just finished putting my stock motor together and im using a cool head. when i was putting it back together i noticed that the pistons wouldnt drop flush with the transfer ports. the pistons are slightly blocking them. i wasnt sure if thats normal on a stock cylinder motor or not. Ill post some pics of it as well. Anyways I put that head and did a squish band test and came with about .025. I know im going to have to switch the base gasket size and that will also help with the ports but im not sure what size gaskets to get. I'm using .018 cometic gaskets right now. 

http://s466.beta.photobucket.com/user/shootemup1864/media/009_zps36302fe5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s466.beta.photobucket.com/user/shootemup1864/media/008_zps093d5652.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

I was thinking the squish band should be between .040 and .050  Is that wrong?

Thats what im shooting for. I'm trying to figure out what size base gaskets I'm going to need. I think I'm going to need a .040 but im not sure. I'm also trying to figure out what is going on with my ports 

Your cylinders have been sleeved. Which means they could of surfaced them. When you bore out a banshee sleeve there are voids in the intake area of cylinder base. These usually get welded up and resurfaced. Someone may of got carried away on how much was removed.

I'd go about .045-.050 on squish. Check it with your gasket you have and do the math on what gasket you need.